EGO blower vs Sthil combi

Used a EGO blower to blow a bunch of leafs. After it died I grabbed my Sthil combi and used the blower attachment. I keep trying to convince myself that battery power is they way to go but the Sthil blew it out of the water. Just sharing my thoughts.

For small yards, battery should work well. I have too much for battery. My hitachi rb24eap is just not enough. I want the echo 9010 T blower. I may buy this soon.

Battery powered equipment works for many people, but not everyone. Gasoline is universal, power equipment batteries are not.

My previous home was on 5 acres and my current home is on 3 acres. A cordless weed trimmer would work well for both properties.
A cordless blower, even a backpack blower, would not when leaf blowing time comes around.

I have a Husqvarna backpack blower and a Stihl trimmer. Both gas.

I had a 4-stroke Makita handheld blower at my first house which is in a residential neighborhood. That blower used very little gas and always started on the first pull, even when I tried it when it was probably 20F out.

If you have the money, buy a Makita gas blower.

I have a number of blowers, 2 Echo 210's. 2 Stihl BG86 (one with a muffler mod), an Ego 650CFM and a Kobalt 80V. (mostly for keeping our hangars clean)

I like the EGO the best as it's smooth, powerful and easy, especially for short jobs. However, it only lasts 10-13minutes on "turbo" which is the only power that makes sense on that thing. The problem with the EGO is that my PA house had a fenced in yard and 200 foot driveway that needed attention every week. The battery could not finish the yard, (not to mention the driveway) got hot, and would not charge fast. It also lost some power at the battery drained. So the Echo 210 would come out and finish the job. BTW, the Echo runs for 45 mins on a tank.

The Muffler Modded BG86 has the highest velocity of the bunch, I keep that one at my FL home. It has the most practical power, as the high velocity will absolutely move wet yard debris.

For small yards, battery should work well. I have too much for battery. My hitachi rb24eap is just not enough. I want the echo 9010 T blower. I may buy this soon.

I have that blower. Don't buy it. The swivel cuff doesn't swivel very easy and the corrugated elbow is extremely stiff. I've had the swivel cuff pop out of its joint and have had to replace it twice already. The blower is only a few months old. Another thing I don't like about it is that I have to turn the idle speed way up to get it to idle half way decent. Those large two-stroke engines with the high compression don't idle well.

I highly recommend the BR 600 and 800. Totally different machines and very smooth running. The swivel cuff on theirs swivels like a dream.

I have that blower. Don't buy it. The swivel cuff doesn't swivel very easy and the corrugated elbow is extremely stiff. I've had the swivel cuff pop out of its joint and have had to replace it twice already. The blower is only a few months old. Another thing I don't like about it is that I have to turn the idle speed way up to get it to idle half way decent. Those large two-stroke engines with the high compression don't idle well.

I highly recommend the BR 600 and 800. Totally different machines and very smooth running. The swivel cuff on theirs swivels like a dream.
Hey thanks for the heads up!!!!

Back