Economy Laptops: Dell Inspiron 1545 vs Lenovo G550

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lenovo is always the way to go.

My 4+ year old 3000 series still runs awesome, and looks like new still. It's sturdy and rock solid reliable. Don't have enough good to say about their stuff.

The G series also does not get the "super" service. You get to mail it in if something goes wrong.

My G530 had one of the back lights go out and it took about 2.5 weeks to get it back. They also put a scratch on the cover for free.
frown.gif
(and could care less)

I used to have Dells and never had a issue but can't comment about the new ones. We have them at work and they take a beating but they are their "rough" models.

Bought a ASUS laptop and other than its speakers are not and a buzzing power cube that they will not do anything with until it dies its not too bad. Also bought a Acer netbook for my self since my wife's has been very good and I like the form factor.

One thing I miss is the non-glare screens. You have to pay for a much more expensive unit to get it.

Bill

don't forget Overstock.com. They have some fantastic deals on factory refurbished units.

Amazingly high end machines for very low prices. Deals change daily.

NewEgg is sold out again already.

That is a good setup and the Intel 4500 graphics is a good chipset. I run my Acer on a 23.6" ASUS monitor at 1920x1080 and watch HD movies with it all the time. Awesome graphics when you consider that today, that is the LOW end of the spectrum for laptops!

i bought my IBM thinkcentre desktop in 2005 when Lenovo was just taking over IBM's manufacturing in China. the thing is rock solid, the fan works hard, but otherwise good. the architecture for lenovo still looks like the IBM machines 5 years later.

i'd definetely consider a lenovo laptop right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back