EcoGard X111 C&P

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what was on my S10 when I bought it back in June. Was in service approx 150 miles before my OCD kicked in and changed it out.

20161231_115729_zpsxkbfawr2.jpg

20161231_115741_zps1i2uhjba.jpg

20161231_120446_zpsgm75cvxd.jpg

ADBV was very stiff, now that could be from sitting around, I don't know. The filter was stored in a pan upside down and seemd to have lost most of the oil inside it.

20161231_120508_zps0uzwuwf0.jpg

20161231_120722_zps1ul7xv1h.jpg

From here on out my phone got stupid, so pictures are angled goofy.

20161231_120752_zpsg72nf6y6.jpg

20161231_120756_zpsuto4ngjm.jpg

20161231_120804_zpss3f1v6aj.jpg

20161231_120809_zpsxcsegzhh.jpg

Not too sure about this filter. Media looked nice, but that valve was nasty.

Originally Posted By: Run
Did you look at the date code on the top of the can?

9/29/14. The truck was a run around at the dealer for a while so that explains that, so probably more than 150 miles on the filter.

Good to know. Seems like the ADBV is simply junk in these Chinese filters. I have a Ecogard from 2012 that is collecting dust. Maybe time for a cut n post.

Looks pretty much like the other jobber tier filters of this coo, China, posted here over time. A couple of these Eco been posted before. Thinking it's seen a few miles more than 150. As for the adbv, were you getting a start up rattle? If not, not really a big deal and depending on miles not that out of the ordinary for nitrile.

Looks very similar to the Security Global jobber from Precision Tune I posted recently, right down to the slightly wonky oriented metal seam pleat. It's adbv was a little on the less than pliable side too, but no rattle with it.

Thanks for c&p.

What does designed for the service professional even mean? Designed for dry starts so the professional gets more future work? Designed with the cheapest material possible to save the professional a dollar on each? Or is it so the professional reads the for service professional, so is comforted he is a service professional?

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Looks pretty much like the other jobber tier filters of this coo, China, posted here over time. A couple of these Eco been posted before. Thinking it's seen a few miles more than 150. As for the adbv, were you getting a start up rattle? If not, not really a big deal and depending on miles not that out of the ordinary for nitrile.

Looks very similar to the Security Global jobber from Precision Tune I posted recently, right down to the slightly wonky oriented metal seam pleat. It's adbv was a little on the less than pliable side too, but no rattle with it.

Thanks for c&p.

This old girl has startup-rattle no matter the filter it seems. Well, not on initial startup, but until it gets warm you have to keep the RPM's low. Thought I had solved it with the PF52, but it seems after a few miles not so much. Not as bad with the 0w40 oil though.

Originally Posted By: Delta
...This old girl has startup-rattle no matter the filter it seems. Well, not on initial startup, but until it gets warm you have to keep the RPM's low. Thought I had solved it with the PF52, but it seems after a few miles not so much. Not as bad with the 0w40 oil though.

Doesn't sound like the adbv is responsible to me. Your description reminds me of the 03 Altima 2.5L I owned. In the winter months with colder ambient temps the engine would make a rattle under acceleration until it got toward operating temperature and the oil thinned out. Most Nissan owners seemed to attribute it to the timing chain and/or timing chain tensioner(s). Oil filter brand made no difference. It too was best to keep the RPMs low until operating temps reached. Not saying it's your issue, just sounds similar.

We've been stocking these at work for a few years. They're OK I guess, we've never had any actual problems out of them. Having said that, I don't use them on my own car. Something about "made in China" I tend to avoid when it comes to things like this.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Originally Posted By: Delta
...This old girl has startup-rattle no matter the filter it seems. Well, not on initial startup, but until it gets warm you have to keep the RPM's low. Thought I had solved it with the PF52, but it seems after a few miles not so much. Not as bad with the 0w40 oil though.

Doesn't sound like the adbv is responsible to me. Your description reminds me of the 03 Altima 2.5L I owned. In the winter months with colder ambient temps the engine would make a rattle under acceleration until it got toward operating temperature and the oil thinned out. Most Nissan owners seemed to attribute it to the timing chain and/or timing chain tensioner(s). Oil filter brand made no difference. It too was best to keep the RPMs low until operating temps reached. Not saying it's your issue, just sounds similar.
My MGM 4.6 in my sig has a touch of this-just a little rattle when cold that disappears within the first mile, the clearance Magnatec 5W20 has made it a lot quieter, but there's still a little noise. I don't know a lot about S10 2.2s (Ecotec?), but my BIL's used to be pretty noisy when cold too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back