Eclipse 2024 Photo Thread

I’m going to post my feelings on this event. I saw it in Missouri in 2017 while sitting in a park with a lot of like minded people who were excited about it. When it happened, everyone was cheering, myself included.
Today was better for me, I experienced it in my driveway with my family. My neighborhood was quiet, the temperature dropped a few degrees, and the birds went quiet while the crickets and one tree frog started their chorus. 4 minutes later, everything started getting back to normal. Science/nature is so interesting.
Oh, and that 360 sunset was beautiful as well. 😉🍻

The only pic I took today 😂 Found it my desk couple days ago. Put it back for the next one but in 20 years won’t be me using it.
IMG_2738.jpeg

I still have my piece of welder’s glass I used in Athens, Greece during the partial eclipse in 2006. It was very useful today. And here my wife was bugging me for keeping it that long. Sheesh.

15089838-276E-404C-A512-4759E84176BA.jpeg
9EB9D313-C6EE-4346-A8D3-DEBC4644F0CE.jpeg

I just saw this: :)
My old man is a character and hasn’t changed. Just got off the phone with my mom. They drove 500 miles to experience the Totality of the Eclipse. She calls me from on the road. I say mom “did you see the eclipse, were you in total darkness?” She says “No son, I only saw a partial”. “What??!!!!!??”, I said.

“Yeah, your Dad and I watched until 5 minutes before it peaked and then he said we had to leave now to beat the traffic!”

I still have my piece of welder’s glass I used in Athens, Greece during the partial eclipse in 2006. It was very useful today. And here my wife was bugging me for keeping it that long. Sheesh.

View attachment 213167View attachment 213168
I think I probably still have my piece of #14 welder's glass from the total eclipse here in early '79 - but earlier today we used the dedicated solar-viewing glasses with mylar lenses.

Back