Echo leaf blower issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I start my echo leaf blower for the first few minutes it runs slowly at first then after a few munutes it runs at full speed. I changed plug still no change. What should I do next?

Check compression when cold and again when hot. Also make sure the oil gas ratio is correct. Too little oil may be binding piston when cool.

My echo pb-251 does the same thing, friends pb-265 backpack also the same. My blower is 10 years old been doing it since day one, I usually crank it let it idle for a minute or two and rock on.

My Echo blower has done same from day 1 and it's little over a year old owners manual states that it will and is perfectly normal.

Last edited:
That's the gentle reminder not to thrash it at WOT until it has warmed up a little bit.

I've never observed the behaviour, but then I always start 'em up and let them idle while I put the safety gear on. It gives a little bit of time to warm up under no load and get some fresh lube around before I flog them.

Originally Posted By: raaizin
When I start my echo leaf blower for the first few minutes it runs slowly at first then after a few munutes it runs at full speed. I changed plug still no change. What should I do next?
My trimmer will fall on it's face when cold unless the choke is let off gradually as it warms up. My guess is that they are lean for emissions.

I have Echo products that acts the same. The carbs seem to need time to balance fuel/air mix and operating temperature before the machine will rev up. However, it only takes half a minute to a minute at most.

I have many other two cycle machines that act the same. My chainsaws don't want to rev out when cold. Same goes for my vintage 2 stroke motorcycles and they smoke like a forest fire until they warm up. From my experience, Iit's not unusual behaviour for two cycle equipment.

yep ^ like everyone else mentioned. mine does the same thing. make sure you use 89 octane fuel (which echo recommends) or its really bad when cold.

Mine to. I've got an older Echo PB2000 leaf blower. Runs excellent after 20sec or so. Just runs boggy for that first 20sec.

I know in the snowmobiling world, that behavior is attributed to a "cold pipe"... Once the pipe heats up, the engine runs much stronger. I'm not sure of the science of it, but it's real. Some pipes are much more sensitive to it than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back