Echo hand held blower stopped

I had an echo PB-255LN and the coil was gapped too far from the factory. How it ever worked is beyond me but after resetting the gap it did the trick. Glad they took care of it.

I had a ~20yr/old Echo PB2000 leaf blower quit on me in similar fashion, but she locked up totally. I ran some pretty sketchy quality fuel and oil mixes in it over the years. I didn't pull the jug for a look-see, but I'm sure that piston and cylinder were trashed at that point.

Update - I finally used it and it worked fine. After using it for awhile the output tube that the vacuum bag is attached to popped off. Kind of surprised me. It should need a screwdriver to unlock pulling the tube off.

Brought it back to the store that repaired it and said I thought the tube use to lock in place but it does not now. And maybe the spring broke when you repaired it. He said they would not have touched the locking spring to replace the coil. Basically it could not have been us. Probably wear. Not covered by warranty. However even though he was a counter guy he took it into the back and came back with it 15 minutes latter. Said when they reassembled it after replacing the coil they put the spring in upside down.

It's fixed and that's what is important.

I only buy ope from repair shops/dealers never big box stores. I have 3 Echo machines, a Husky chain saw, Toro 2 stroke snow blower, B&S powered pressure washer, mower & generator.
I keep spare parts on hand for all of them mostly carb kits. Rebuilding those little cube carbs is pretty easy. I try to run everything once a month but if I know it’s going to be too much of a hassle I drain them & run them out of fuel. I know a lot of people use the canned fuel but I continue to mix 89 octane pump gas with a good 2 stroke oil like Echo power blend.
Anything with a bowl type carb you should fit a shut off valve to prevent fuel from leaking if the needle valve leaks & it makes it easier to drain the carb. Old fuel left in a bowl type carb will evaporate & leave deposits. As soon as you try to start it those deposits will clog the main jet.

Last edited:
Back