Ebay China sellers are getting annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered a couple of items off Ebay from Chinese sellers. Normally it's been hit enough instead of miss that I don't mind taking the chance. Sometimes it's actually a better experience than a US seller. Plus buyer protection comes through whenever I've needed it.

But lately it seems they're becoming more difficult. For a $1.17 USB cable that was shorter than advertised and not working to boot, they asked for a picture. Then they offered a refund of half the amount. Now they're asking me to agree to give the positive feedback. What The?

Another item wasn't the size they advertised. It has the ordered size printed on the product but it isn't that size so I just can't use it. Let's see what shenanigans they pull on that one because that item is a whole $7 and they'll surely not want to refund that amount if they didn't want to refund $1.17!

I've purchased plenty of cheap cables on eBay from US sellers. Amazon is good too if you look around.

For $1.17 and $7, I'd just eat the cost and not deal with the hassle of a return to China.

Last edited:
I never return anything, nor am I asked to. I just get the refund.

When you order something, you wait for that thing to arrive in the mail. Anything else you can consider a gift under USPS law. If they want it back, they can pay the postage.

I'm not a fan of inferior cables anyways, if you're using it for something like charging a phone it could seriously affect charging speed especially with the new Quick Charge 2.0 which can pull 18 watts through the cable. I love quick charge 2.0 BTW.

Find most of that stuff is a waste anyways...

Watched a few people lose stuff by using them...(fires and such)

I've bought a couple things from China. Does anyone worry about them having your address. So many scams...

Ive thought about poor quality stuff starting fires, but show me a power supply made here.

I never buy from sellers from China because I had the same experience. They ask for pictures, knowing that obstacle will get rid of 1/2 the buyers. The only way for me was to file a case. It was also an under $5 item. Boom, refund. It has to impact them personally. Stuff they sell on ebay may be the leftover defects swept off the factory floor. I think that is a pretty fair assumption, as I know they are wasting nothing when there is some way to sell it and get away with it. Seeing how they have put plastic in baby food in order to get more profit.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
I've bought a couple things from China. Does anyone worry about them having your address. So many scams...

Ive thought about poor quality stuff starting fires, but show me a power supply made here.

Not made here, but the power supplies for all our Agfa (and associated) gear at the clinic are made in Germany.

MadeinGermany02.jpg

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: turtlevette

Not made here, but the power supplies for all our Agfa (and associated) gear at the clinic are made in Germany.

MadeinGermany02.jpg

Good to see.....

the chinese ebay stuff is hit and miss and dies easily. i had good luck with all kinds of cables thought. some other stuff was more miss. i still like the thrill of getting things shipped from across the globe for next to nothing.

I've never had a problem with cables. I think its absurd some pay 10-30X more for something found at Bestbuy.

With that said, my dad pulled the guts out of a cheap cell-phone car charger, while the remainder stayed in the 12VDC socket about a decade ago.

So, me, I guess it depends on the cable. I haven't had any issues with my $2 HDMI cable (I think it actually came with three cables for only a few dollars) that I use for my PC and 4K monitor. I've had similar success with USB charging cables.

I'll tell you what, though: I'll probably give up my thriftiness the first time I get screwed...

I buy my cables from Amazon and have never had a problem. Cheaper than Chinese or Hong Kong sellers on ebay? Yes, a little. But it isn't worth the higher risk of a problem or hassle if there is one.

Just bought a 3 wire connector doohickey from Hong Kong. Think it was about $1.50 with free shipping.

But the previous poster was correct, Monoprice ftw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back