Duralast Gold Cmax ceramic brake pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threw a set of Duralast Gold Cmax ceramic pads onto my 99 Buick LeSabre last night. These cars have an undersized brake system which has resulted in some very scary stops with cheaper pads that don't grip as well.

These stop very well, easy to modulate, and are silent. The new rubber parts they threw in were a nice touch, if a pain to install. The included grease packet helped greatly. The warranty I hope will be honored when it comes time to replace these pads.

Like every other brake pad I've encountered, these needed some filing to fit into the bracket.

those duralast pads have a lifetime warranty, INCLUDING wear.
duralast pads are made by Morse.
when the duralast gold came out they were poor in terms of everything. I got them when they first came out and traded them for the performance friction pads 3 months later.

I know the current duralast gold's are very good... I believe they are all ceramics tho..

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
wrong forum

This is "ATF, Differential, Trans, BRAKE, P/S" is it not.

Originally Posted By: CharlieJ
wrong forum

brake fluid?

wrong forum

brake fluid?

I don't know, I think this is for any issue regarding those systems. There is a thread a few down about Raybestos pads and rotors. I think it is fine.
21.gif

Put front and rear on my 07 Accord 2 weeks ago, they fit perfectly came with all the hardware. I really like them they stop as good as the factory pads and have shown less brake dust on the wheels!
Very happy so far.
Joe

I am using the Cmax's on the front with Duralast gold 3yr rotors. On the back I am using the Duralast gold semi metalics with 2yr rotors. The Cmax's are creating dust but wear very nice and I will tell ya what if you was not wearing a seat belt when I slam on the brakes you will go through the windshield...awesome stopping power!

wrong forum

brake fluid?

I don't know, I think this is for any issue regarding those systems. There is a thread a few down about Raybestos pads and rotors. I think it is fine.
21.gif

Well Yeah, OK!
I can understand the thinking here but, this is the fluids section and the post should be in the Mechanical/Maintenance Forum. So should have the other post reguarding the Raybestos brakes...Good reading though! :)

I have s similar pad on the CRV and they are great all around after 2 years of duty. For my newer Accord, although price is not an issue, I am leaning toward them again as a "safe" call.

How is the brake dusting? Any issues when braking while cold?

Haven't had them long enough to tell on the dusting. The cold braking is just as good as the hot braking.

For slapping these onto old drilled rotors they've done well.

Mea culpa if this is the wrong forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back