DTD pre-Labor Day sale, buy now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They actually called me to verify my tire selection, since the tires I chose are on the verge of being too large, and they explained how to get the ball rolling on the rebates. You don't see customer service like that very often.

michelin xice or yokohama iceguard? Difference of $75 after rebates. I am wondering if the micheline is worth the $75 more.

Last edited:
Just pulled the trigger on four new Continental DWS06 from DTD for my TL. I get the $75 rebate plus the $60 rebate, which should cover the installation. New shoes! They also had Nokyan Haakkaapalittas on sale. Those are hard to find.

This sale is really unreal: best prices I have seen for some high-quality models and sizes, such as Altimax RT43 and Cooper CS5. (A Cooper manufacturer's discount was just added today, I think.)

Check out the RT43. With all discounts applied, you can get a set in 175/70R13 for $75; or in 175/70R14 for $79 (!) That one tempts me, based on the rave reviews, even though I won't need tires for more than a year. Just the thought of getting high-quality tires for $35 a corner, installed, like it's 1990 again, when I was young....

Prices on the CS5 are almost as good. I could buy a set for my friend's '08 Corolla CE for $105. Outrageous. Almost makes a fella wish he needed tires.

Originally Posted By: faramir9
This sale is really unreal: best prices I have seen for some high-quality models and sizes, such as Altimax RT43 and Cooper CS5. (A Cooper manufacturer's discount was just added today, I think.)

I just ordered a set of Cooper CS5 Ultra Tourings for my Accord, and I already submitted my rebates for the DTD $75 rebate, and the Cooper $60 manufacturer's rebate. This set of four tires only cost $169 after rebates. I was going to hold off on buying tires for a little while longer, but I couldn't pass this deal up.

Sheesh, can you guys find me deals on 245/45r18's, cheapest tire I'm finding (that I would trust) is $100 each...

18 inches 45 series tires are not cheap. I ordered 245-45/17 Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring for my E430, the lowest price was $108.xx from onlinetires.com and local AT price matches it, with $75 rebate plus $60 using their credit card my cost is $75/ea plus tax and mounting. The total out the door is about $100/ea. But I have approximately $200 tread life warranty prorate for 4 Kumho 4X so my cost should be around $200 for 4 installed.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
18 inches 45 series tires are not cheap. I ordered 245-45/17 Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring for my E430, the lowest price was $108.xx from onlinetires.com and local AT price matches it, with $75 rebate plus $60 using their credit card my cost is $75/ea plus tax and mounting. The total out the door is about $100/ea. But I have approximately $200 tread life warranty prorate for 4 Kumho 4X so my cost should be around $200 for 4 installed.
Cooper has a $70 mail in rebate right now. Is it an accepted tire?

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findPromotions.do?pgid=2065

Just had them install a set of Falken Pro's today on my Rav4 with 77k miles.

Vehicle had the original Yokohama tires on it, and they were worn down to the wear bars. I'd say that is good life out of a tire.

They were very loud as well.

So happy to get new tires today. Pep boys had falken's on sale for a little cheaper, and Discount matched the price on the spot.

$570 for 4 235/55/18 tires installed, I'm happy.

They did a proper job of torquing all the wheels and had me out in 60 minutes. They rebuilt all the TPMS sensors as well.

My new snow tires are on the way. Gift card too.

It's absolutely ridiculous that I was able to get a new set of snow tires for my car for $38.25 a piece (everything included) and I am 100% okay with that!

Tires came in yesterday.

I got tracking information Monday, but didn't think they would get here until Friday.

Had them shipped to my parents' house since I live in a bad neighborhood. It's always good when I buy something and it shows up on my parents' porch "Did you buy a set of tires?".

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Tires came in yesterday.

I got tracking information Monday, but didn't think they would get here until Friday.

Had them shipped to my parents' house since I live in a bad neighborhood. It's always good when I buy something and it shows up on my parents' porch "Did you buy a set of tires?".

Their shipping is always fast. I must not live far from their Ohio warehouse, because twice in the past few years I have ordered a wheel/tire set, and both have shown up within 24 hours from me clicking the little order button. Less than 24 hours for them to receive the order, mount/balance the tires, package, ship, and deliver is impressive.

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
Their shipping is always fast. I must not live far from their Ohio warehouse, because twice in the past few years I have ordered a wheel/tire set, and both have shown up within 24 hours from me clicking the little order button. Less than 24 hours for them to receive the order, mount/balance the tires, package, ship, and deliver is impressive.

It's very impressive, for both DTD and their shipper.

With this kind of customer service no wonder shoppers keep coming back.

Here is a photo of the my DTD order placed last Saturday. They arrived yesterday. Hub rings were included.

They look great and I'm very happy with them.

Two of my three rebates have been approved and one is still pending.

Originally Posted By: MrGiggles
Here is a photo of the my DTD order placed last Saturday. They arrived yesterday. Hub rings were included.

They look great and I'm very happy with them.

Two of my three rebates have been approved and one is still pending.

Looks good. What was the third rebate you got? Mfr rebate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back