Dryer repair

I wish I could remember what symptoms my Whirlpool had several years ago, but after swapping out the heating element and maybe the t-stat to no avail, I had found something online that mentioned the timer. I swapped it out and it fixed the issue. Can’t remember what it was, but I recall being cornfused as to how the timer could cause it. I found this that might help indicating everything else the timer does, including relating to the motor and heating element. East swap out as I recall. https://1stsourceservall.wordpress.com/2016/09/29/ppotw-dryer-timers/#more-10252

the timer. I swapped it out and it fixed the issue. Can’t remember what it was, but I recall being cornfused as to how the timer could cause it.
The dryer is still "working", albeit on Delicate setting and with small loads. Family of 5 here and that ain't going to work long... Since it still works as well as the symptoms I saw for the timer is that it doesn't shut off or doesn't start at all, I'm not sure the timer is to blame. It's $180 as well so without being 100% confident this is the blame, I can't justify trying it.

Back