Droid Incredible HTC vs Droid X

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Incredible, it has been a great phone. I have no complaints what-so-ever. The only thing I purchased extra was the 1750mah extended battery to squeeze a little extra time out of it. It typically last all day easily no problem.

Get the X if you're "serious" about your phone. Both are good but the X has much more functionality. I have the original Droid and it's amazing. It's definitely above the Incredible in comparisons I've done in person with my friends' HTC. Still a good phone (it's a Droid after all!)

I am also interested in a phone with an Android platform..
we're long overdue for an upgrade with Verizon, and one thing that makes me shy away from a new phone is that I like the form factor/size of my Blackberry Pearl a lot..everything else seems to be pretty large...
that and the BB Pearl just works great in the rural area we live in, and great bettary life...but i know it's ancient by today's standards..

Last edited:
In your case I recommend the HTC. If battery life is an issue a quote-unquote "REAL" Droid will leave you sorely disappointed. I have to charge mine during a normal workday as I'm on the phone all the time. Still the platform you want but with less battery-eating items on it.

My wife just upgraded from a Blackberry Pearl to a Droid Incredible. She had planned to upgrade to a larger Blackberry but changed her mind at the last minute due to influence from other Droid owners she works with.

Her complaints? Typing text messages on the touch screen plus battery life. But other than that, she loves it.

Now she loves texting on my LG Octane phone which is all the phone I need.

However, I like playing "Teeter" on her Droid.

Not sure if she has or not. I'll ask her.

It's funny because I encouraged her to get the Droid when her Blackberry started giving her problems which was nothing more than makeup down in and around the little track ball. Plus she was worried how the screen would hold up as her BB screen looked like someone used sand paper on it!
But she changed her mind.

I remember her speaking into her Blackberry when calling someone and sometimes it was quite funny watching her scream into the phone after a few tries!

Last night i went to Verizon and decided on the HTC. The features are pretty much the same minus bigger screen and HDMI connection. Monday i can upgrade....last night i ordered the Otter Box.

I have the incredible and my wife has the X. Both Verizon. While the X is the newest of the two, it is larger than the incredible. I like the smsller size of the incredible, but the bigger screen is nice on the X.

It's "almost" a toss up. Pick them up and handle them, see what you like best.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Last night i went to Verizon and decided on the HTC. The features are pretty much the same minus bigger screen and HDMI connection. Monday i can upgrade....last night i ordered the Otter Box.

Missed your post - you did fine.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Pls update and let us know how you like it, etc. I am curious about upgrading too (Verizon), but don't know how to decide.

Call me a media phone rookie. My flip phone seems way out dated...even though its two years old. It may take me alittle time to figure out but once i do ill let you guys know.

Make sure you install a free task killer from the market. These phones are loaded with junk applications that kill battery life! Once I installed and configured an app killer, my battery lasts all day now.

I am typing this on my X. I love this thing!!! My wife got the Incredible, and she definitely has phone envy every now and then. However, she does not like the larger size of my phone. It doesn't bother me a bit, and it actually fits my pocket better than my old curve, due to its slim profile.

I have a "system" for pockets though. Only my phone goes in the left pocket. Pen, knife, and keys in the right, and wallet in back or side/knee area if I'm wearing cargo style pants.

If you spend time youtubin', gaming, or typing a lot, I vote Droid X.

I'd pick the HTC. Even though Motorola has done an incredible job on the Droids - pun intended, Moto ain't what they used to be since they stopped making phones in Illinois and Singapore and instead farming that out to Foxconn. But then again, a Motorola Droid can be made at the same Foxconn factory as an iPhone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back