Driving after dark with no lights on

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the NC drivers test manual, your headlights are required to be on one hour before dusk and one hour after dawn....though no one does it.

I used the general rule that, if you could see the dash light at all when on, it was dark enough to use headlights. I never understood why people waste time with parking lights only. Are they trying to save electricity, or what? Why would you not want your car as visible as possible.

Three times now I have passed a DA in a CRV on my way to work that has non-functional tailights. The paint is awful and the thing looks like a junkyard reject. The headlights work, but are so clouded and dirty that I doubt they actually light the path for the driver. I keep wanting to call it in, but who would I call? Sooner or later some half-drunk driver will plow into the back of it (it drives below the speed limit) and save me the trouble.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
I'd say it's because driving isn't taken seriously in this Country. I think that it's mostly due to how easy it is to get a Drivers License.

I've driven all over the USA, and the general driving incompetence displayed is astounding.

Driving in Europe where it is much harder to get a License, the standard of driving is generally much higher.

+1, then throw in the phones, underinflated tires, and everything else. It just doesn't seem to be taken seriously.

We have much the same problem in Canada.

Self-entitled, idiot drivers teaching new drivers, combined with fast-tracking new immigrants a license they don't deserve... Yeah, it's a problem. Half our drivers don't deserve a license. Actually more, by all the idiots who'll do twenty over in one section of traffic, ten under in the next section, and all while doing it in the left lane.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back