Drink Microbrewed Beer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a fun world to explore. I don't know why so many people are so loyal to something like Bud Light or Natural Light, which aren't really beer at all. Comparing those beers to a quality micro is like comparing Kraft singles to a nice slice of sharp cheddar from a local cheesemaker. Drinking macrobrews says "I enjoy watered down flavor and mass marketing of a product that is nothing but fizzy yellow alcohol-water, which I only drink to get drunk." Seriously, next time you go to the liquor store, try something different. The closer the brewery is to your house, the better. Just do it. Don't be afraid.

I pretty much only drink local micro brews. Victory brewery is less than 10 miles away and has some great beers. However, at $2 per bottle, I would never buy it if I drank more than a couple a week. I love experimenting, but so far my favorite has been Golden Monkey by Victory.

ref

Good point Acuratech, but remember microbrew does not ensure a good product, only that a small group have to endure it.

As a rule, legislation should be enacted to ban IPA's.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
G

As a rule, legislation should be enacted to ban IPA's.

Not a fan of IPA's I see? Neither is my girlfriend. I love hops, though. Nothing like a good over the top American IPA (something like Dogfish Head 90 minute).

AT, have you JUST NOW SEEN THE LIGHT???? Don't spread the word around too much or the price will go up even more. With the hop shortage this year and the mega breweries already having contracts, microbrews are paying for it out the nose. One other thing you should try........brew you own!!!!!

I've been drinking homebrew and microbrew since back when it wasn't cool! the closest I get to megabrew is Sierra Nevada.

I've had had bad microbrew. a local microbrew and brewpub, now defunct, made some bad beers. I've had others that miss the mark on taste/style. I find alot of brewpubs are in it for the money, not the craft.

Does Breckenridge Brewery count as a microbrewer? I have a serious addiction to their Vanilla Porter.

Originally Posted By: cmhj
Best micro brewery I've been too is in my uncles basement.

I would like to make my own beer sometime. I have made my own wine. It tasted like Welches and alcohol, but it did get me very drunk.

That's just the thing about brewing your own, you can make whatever you want. There might be some bad micro's out there, but I'd be willing to bet it was the style that you didn't like rather than the technically aspect of brewing. There's just something way cool about making your own brew.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
I've been drinking homebrew and microbrew since back when it wasn't cool! the closest I get to megabrew is Sierra Nevada.

When was it ever not cool? Microbrews may be far more popular and prevelant today but they have never been "not cool" that I'm aware of.

Wow, someone must have been bored to resurrect my thread from December.

Dogfish Head makes some quality brews, for sure. I like the 90 minute IPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back