Dr. G on ONR

I’ve been using ONR for ages now, not exclusively, but it’s a great addition to the arsenal. And I’m not into car detailing at all now. Definitely a great product.

Nowadays I use it mostly on my motorcycles, it’s great especially on chrome. Shines it right up and leaves no streaks.

They have a version with wax, it’s green I think. Did anyone try it? How does it compare to the regular blue one?

I have the green wash/wax version. It's ok if your vehicles are slightly dirty. If you have a white vehicle that is pretty dirty with like black runoff streaks it will not remove them, as you're not really scrubbing the paint like a bucket wash. I keep some in a spray bottle to spray the panel down before hand, but it still does not remove everything from white. The apple scent is also obnoxious IMO.

I tried N914 and I think I like ONR slightly better for a full car wash since it drags stuff to the bottom more effectively. Both are good products and very versatile.

Thought this was interesting. Then again, all debris usually sinks to the bottom….eventually.

Attachments

• FA81309A-172E-4C6B-BFBA-BC67CE1AFB7C.jpg
    FA81309A-172E-4C6B-BFBA-BC67CE1AFB7C.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 64DB0D96-80D0-45C6-A8E3-D3A1514CDC6A.jpg
    64DB0D96-80D0-45C6-A8E3-D3A1514CDC6A.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 11
  • E87ECFC8-86C6-4569-805B-050A13307720.jpg
    E87ECFC8-86C6-4569-805B-050A13307720.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 12
Not much of a difference. Blue is a more versatile product.
Another excellent use for ONR is to use it as an interior wipedown product. Mix it at wash dilution (in a bucket), use a towel to wipedown surfaces.
I predominantly use the ONR blue. I've used the ONR Green (with wax) and it streaked badly when I used it on the inside glass.

As the photos that the Critic posted show, not all rinseless wash products drop dirt to the bottom. ONR, Griot's, DIY are 3 that are formulated with polymers that do drop dirt to the bottom. Ech20, Feynlab and a few others don't have that ability. I've used quite a few and they all worked well, with some having different characteristics you have to adjust for.

Sorry to bother you guys about this but how do you apply ONR as interior glass cleaner? Spray bottle? Wring out soaked sponge and wipe the glass then dry?

Sorry to bother you guys about this but how do you apply ONR as interior glass cleaner? Spray bottle? Wring out soaked sponge and wipe the glass then dry?
I put ONR in a spray bottle diluted 256:1 (I've tried it at a much lower ratio and it works either way). Spray it on the window or towel, wipe and dry.

This discussion about glass cleaning made me remember something I had read a while back. You can add ONR to your windshield wash reservoir for better cleaning.

Ron@Optimum

Posted February 17, 2021
“Your detailer is correct that ONR is an excellent windshield fluid additive, but wrong in suggesting it's an anti-freezing agent. I add a cap full of ONR to my reservoir (there is no "suggested ratio") and then fill with traditional washer fluid. I don't know about washer fluids destroying wiper blades (seems counter intuitive to me) but I believe ONR will reduce smearing/streaking.”

Back