Down the toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if your kidding or not, but the Cuban cigars will be confiscated at best. I really wouldn't want to try to bring those in.
spaz.gif

I wouldn't see any problems with plumbing or electrical supplies.

New toilet in box, may get a chuckle or two. They will know you are after a real flusher.

Butt here's the rub (no pun intended) - the new terlets is really much improved in the last few years so I doubt it's worth the drive. And I am even doubting they canuck pots are different anymore.

I agree the early low flush versions didn't get all the logs down, left skid marks and would plug with 2 sheet of paperwork. I say mike the orifice with your hand and be willing to pay a few extra dollars and you should be able to tell a bad dumpolater from a good one.

Hide the cigars.

I recently replaced both my toilets with 1.6 gal. versions. I've been very satisfied with both. One is a Kohler Cimmaron Comfort Height. That one has a VERY strong flush, especially for a 1.6. The other is a Toto. I forget the name, but it's also got a very decent flush. I've clogged the Toto once, never the Kohler. If you search around this board, you should be able to find a link someone posted to a toilet study. They rate toilets in terms of how much "waste material" they'll successfully flush.

Sorry folks ..he's serious ..and yes they are considered contraban. The 'large tank' toilets are not mandated in Canada ..but are in the USA ..nation wide.

You may be able to get away with a tank alone. You will not get a toilet through if they see it.

This has been this way for quite a few years.

You're not the first one to think of this.

Well, you could always smuggle the toilet in parts across the border. Disguise the bowl as modern art or a flower pot...

Why can't you legally take hopper from CA to USA? Do we have a toilet embargo imposed on CA?

Im remodeling my bathroom soon. I want to take the misses to Canada for a day or two and bring back a real toilet with me. Is it illegal to do so? Will US customs throw me in Guantanamo? I will declare it if asked at the crossing, along with the Cuban cigars.

I have a Kohler 1.6 and it works vwey well. I found that the 5 gal. models would just put more water on the floor when they clogged. Unless you do a lot of paperwork you shouldn't have any problem w/Kohler.

quote:

Why can't you legally take hopper from CA to USA? Do we have a toilet embargo imposed on CA?

quote:

While some states mandated the 1.6 gallon toilet standard some years ago, in 1995 the National Energy Policy Act (H.R. 776) went into effect and mandated 1.6 toilets for the entire U.S. In addition to dealing with radioactive waste disposal and metallurgical coal development, the federal law also determined in an obscure part of the Act what kind of toilet you can have in your bathroom. By federal decree, new toilets must flush with no more than 1.6 gallons of water, less than half the amount they used in the '80s..

Toiletology 101

quote:

Originally posted by Matt_S:
I recently replaced both my toilets with 1.6 gal. versions. I've been very satisfied with both. One is a Kohler Cimmaron Comfort Height. That one has a VERY strong flush, especially for a 1.6. The other is a Toto. I forget the name, but it's also got a very decent flush. I've clogged the Toto once, never the Kohler. If you search around this board, you should be able to find a link someone posted to a toilet study. They rate toilets in terms of how much "waste material" they'll successfully flush.

=========
We built our house in 2002-2003 and was wary of the thought of the new toilets. However, our 1.6 gallon Kohlers work just fine. Check them out.

My plumber told me that if I got them, it would be illegal for him to install them. I don't know about now, but I understand one of the most commonly smuggled items from Windsor Ontario to Detroit used to be toilets.

The main reason, as stated in the link, was water use reduction. Less waste to treat ..less florine to use ..etc.

The average household used, at least at one time, an average of about 100 gallons per person per day of supply water. This has been radically reduced with the 1.6 gallon flush. Most of your waste stream, even in an onsite ceptic system, is water. Gray water, dish, shower, washer, etc. accounts for most of it now. We don't consume much ourselves ..maybe a gallon on a good day.

quote:

By federal decree, new toilets must flush with no more than 1.6 gallons of water, less than half the amount they used in the '80s..

That's crazy. If I have to flush 5 times, how do I save any water? Efficiency should be the goal, not just low water usage per flush. Maybe a toilet should have two flush levers: one for light, one for heavy duty -- or even better,get the elsewhere popular pressure assist style that flushes only as long as you press the lever. But that technology, while having been around for decades, is comparatively expensive, I guess.

Maybe I have found the real reason for people getting bigger and heavier. They are literally full of it because they are afraid to go!
freak2.gif

People eat more than ever and our toilets flush less. Sounds about normal.

Mori - your first question is very often contemplated at just about every level of homeowner while trying to flush away those irritating skid marks. I usually allow them to soak for several hours. Usually I end up screaming "Who left the landing marks?"....only to have the echoed chorus: "You did, dad!"

US Census Bureau estimates a population in the USA approaching ONE BILLION in a hundred years or so....... with that increase based ENTIRELY upon the influx of legal and illegal immigrants.

We had reached the desirable zero population growth level until Congress opened the flood gates and refused to stop the illegal from invading.

Better get used to severe shortages of everything.

quote:

Originally posted by obbop:

We had reached the desirable zero population growth level until Congress opened the flood gates and refused to stop the illegal from invading.

lol.gif
Yeah but when they see what we have for toilets they'll go back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back