door paint

Looking for the most durable paint for my fiberglass front door for my home . The home faces west so the sun is brutal down here in florida . I used a brand called plastpro but it lasted only a few years . I was thinking sherwin williams resilience line .

Always used the top tier series of outdoor paint by Sherwin Williams. Since west facing areas will get beat by the sun and heat repaints will probably be needed every 3 years or so. At least your door won’t distort out of shape like a wood door subjected to the same conditions.

The key is to use the correct primer first. Than use PPG Permanizer since your in Florida. Get it at a PPG paint store.

Sherwin Williams is liked by pros because they have stores everywhere. PPG is the company that makes paint for Boeing airplanes.

I just flipped a $710K home and my brother used Sherwin Williams on the exterior because the store was close by. Needless to say, the product was junk and SW sent a check to me and went through a big ordeal. Thank God he used Benjamin Moore in the interior.
IMG_4432 2.JPG

copy & paste

PRODUCT DETAILS​

PPG PERMANIZER's 100% acrylic paint formula provides a premium, long-lasting exterior finish with a tough, durable film, super adhesion, industry advanced UV protection and dirt, moisture, and tannin resistance–backed by a limited lifetime warranty against cracking, flaking and peeling. The advanced properties of PPG Permanizer are specifically formulated to resist mildew on the paint film and contain a preservative to prevent discoloration by algae. Permanizer exterior paint provides industry advanced UV protection and dirt resistance to keep exterior colors looking like new for years to come. Permanizer helps to extend the painting season with application at temperatures as low as 35°F and also provides excellent early moisture resistance.

FEATURES:​

• Best Performance in Extreme Weather*
  • Complete One Coat Hide**
  • UV-Protect Technology
  • 100% Acrylic Paint + Primer

Looking for the most durable paint for my fiberglass front door for my home . The home faces west so the sun is brutal down here in florida . I used a brand called plastpro but it lasted only a few years . I was thinking sherwin williams resilience line .

You can't go wrong with Sherwin Williams. I had excellent results with their Duration paint. Unfortunately, the only door that can withstand the sun on a long term basis is a steel door.

We had a problem with special door paint bubbling on our wooden front door. Seems that an earlier paint which we hadn't completely removed was not well adhered. So we stripped it right down to bare wood and repainted it again starting with a tinted primer. As the door may have been oiled at some point, as I recall the primer was oil based too for good measure.

If paint isn't adhering well it may be because of what's under the paint.

I like the XIM Bonding Primers as well as SW Bondplex. Sometimes I like to use XIM Extender in water based products to give a little more dry time. It seems anymore that people get in such a hurry to get things to dry.

Back