Don't purchase ANYTHING from CompUSA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to CompUSA to have them reprint an invoice before they go the way of the typewriter. Of the two employees at the service desk, the lady that helped me found the invoice and was pleasant to deal with.

Just about everything in the store was marked down at least 10%, some things even more. Signs all over the place stated the bleeding obvious:
"NO RETURNS"
"NO REFUNDS"
"NO EXCHANGES"
I guess that's how it goes when a store closes. In all candor, why would anyone want to take a chance on an electronics item that the store won't support just to save 10-15%? I dunno either.

At any rate, back to the service desk...
However, the southern version of "Antonio" was manning the service desk and was the other half of the customer "service" team.

While I was waiting for the lady to find & reprint that invoice, (she disappeared to some back room for about 10 minutes), Antonio "helped" a lady who just purchased a Happauge Video capture card as she had the receipt from earlier that hour and just asked the guy "The box didn't have the manual or CD in it, it was wrapped in plastic...could I get another identical one? I don't want to return it, just get one with a CD or a manual." Of course, Antonio said "No". She got pissssed, but kept her composure. She asked again, he said "No!".

The next guy in line was also told "No".

So it's no wonder why CompUSA is closing down. They can't even help a lady get a CD from another box on the sales floor!

I bit my lip as I wanted to tell Antonio what I thought. But I figure it's obvious why he's going to lose his job soon anyway.

Stay FAR away from this useless chain. I'm glad they're going under. It couldn't be a minute too soon...

They had several stores around here and closed all but one as they were pulling out of our area late last year. As I walked around the store I saw lots of opened boxes and it looked to me like they had shipped all their returns to this store to unload them...and yes, there were no returns, no exchanges and no refunds. Needless to say I did not buy anything but instead left the store, and yes I too was glad they were going under.

I'm pretty sure most CompUSAs are out of business now, but I've only had horrible experiences with them as well. I complained to their manager about it, and he told me he would make it right if I came back in, I came back in and he said he would take a whopping 5% off a game for me, needless to say I never came back. Also thought I'd mention that I bought a laptop there and purchased a 1 year warranty and when the fan gave out and the laptop would overheat and shut down, they told me that if I ever had any issues with my laptop they would replace it regardless of the reason. When I took it back in, they told me that was not the case and they'd have to send it out to HP for repairs. So I was without a laptop for 2 weeks and got it back barely repaired, the fan's still making weird noises and they got some glue on the top of the keyboard..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back