Don’t mistake my kindness for weakness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naw, a beta would expect that sort of response before they live life in a transactional fashion. IE, I did something for her so she owes me.
A well grounded sigma male does what he does because it's part of his character. He doesn't need to be rewarded for living his values.

He is anything but a beta male.
A beta male would have taken the bait.

Maybe she thought you were interested in her and wanted to give you a little encouragement. You know small talk, common interests, that sort of thing. We used to do that in person before they invented texting.
My wife agrees. The lady didn't really want to borrow your yard tools, and if she wanted to borrow your yard tools that wasn't what that visit was about. It's quite likely she was giving you a bit of encouragement and not wanting to be too obvious about it.

In the olden days people met people here and there, subtly encouraged those that had possibilities, and sometimes a relationship developed. There were no computers, texting or dating sites involved (or required).

I live next door to a single woman with a five year child. She has been renting the house for about a year. We introduced each other when she first moved in. We work different schedules and rarely see each other. We will wave in passing is about it for socializing. She came over and asked if I could bring her trash can in because she was leaving town, I said no problem since I been doing it for a while. She said, oh that was you?

The day I brought her trash can in I noticed her SUV had really clouding headlights. I have products that I can use for that. Being a good neighbor I cleaned her headlights but the rest of the car looked like it hasn’t been cleaned in years. I’m the type of guy that can’t just clean one thing and leave the rest looking like crap. So I washed the car and did the dressing on all the black trim and tires. When she arrived home from her vacation she must of noticed her car right away and she came over to say thank you. I told her no problem. The next day she came over again and gave me a nice thank you card and a little cactus. She then mentioned that her landlord pays for lawn care but she has to take care of everything else. She doesn’t have any yard tools, etc. I told her she can borrow some of mine any time.

A few weeks later she comes over after she came home from work in a tight dress and asked again if she can borrow some yard tools. I said sure, do you want them right now? She says, no it’s too hot right now. I know what she was trying to do right away. I was born at night, but not last night. She wanted me to say, hey I will come over and do it for you. She gets home from work between 4-5pm. She has plenty of sunlight to do small stuff in her yard after work. The kid can play outside while she does it.

I’m a giver in life but I will not let other people take advantage of me. I ended a few long term relationships because of my partners took me for granted. I know some guys here will say I started it by cleaning her car. It’s my fault that she thinks I‘m a push over now. I think she got the message when I told her I will get the tools right now for you.
I'm a total sucker for a hot girl too! (y) Yes, they definitely have that power over us!:D Like the other poster said, a picture is required so we can tell you what to do next;)

Last edited:
My wife agrees. The lady didn't really want to borrow your yard tools, and if she wanted to borrow your yard tools that wasn't what that visit was about. It's quite likely she was giving you a bit of encouragement and not wanting to be too obvious about it.

In the olden days people met people here and there, subtly encouraged those that had possibilities, and sometimes a relationship developed. There were no computers, texting or dating sites involved (or required).
Yeah, that was my immediate takeaway from the situation as well, she was looking to see if there was some way she could reciprocate the help by seeing if you were interested in more than just chores, ie, her.

just relax dude and let her play her game

the beta thing is the trend not necessarily one time thing

It could be she's just needy and co-dependent and is the type of chick who goes around asking for help and favors from everyone constantly. There are those who just plain can't do things for themselves. She may be just someone who socializes out of convenience aka only when she needs something. Who knows.

It could be she's just needy and co-dependent and is the type of chick who goes around asking for help and favors from everyone constantly. There are those who just plain can't do things for themselves. She may be just someone who socializes out of convenience aka only when she needs something. Who knows.
I mean, based on the actions of the OP, I suspect she was under the impression he was interested, so she reciprocated by showing up in the dress, peddling it under the guise of needing to "borrow some tools". She doesn't strike me as needy at all in this exchange, he took on doing stuff for her all on his own volition, she took that as an indication that he might be interested in her.

she saw a potential of some sort, so she went over to find out more; however, a macho put her down indirectly 😀

but they'll bump into one another again, like a good neighbors

She may be interested in you! Keep an open mind. A good deed is a good deed. Take the high road. Expect nothing in return....

Yep, people will take advantage of you. Many years ago I had a old edger stored away that I didn't use anymore. A fellow at work was saying he needed an edger but couldn't afford to buy one so I gave him my old one. Couple weeks later he was bragging about selling it at a yard sale. Cured me of tying to be a nice guy.
That is just wrong! About 15 years ago I gave my brother in law a bunch of records:ACDC, Def Leppard etc, as he was always commenting on my collection, I found out a short time later he turned around and pawned them all for cash 😤
Some people......

I mean, based on the actions of the OP, I suspect she was under the impression he was interested, so she reciprocated by showing up in the dress, peddling it under the guise of needing to "borrow some tools". She doesn't strike me as needy at all in this exchange, he took on doing stuff for her all on his own volition, she took that as an indication that he might be interested in her.
I agree 100%. She wanted to reciprocate the apparent interest and dressed up a little because she wanted to look nice.

I know you guys are mostly interested in motor oil and engine specifications and all that, but there is more to life than that. I have to say about half of my engineering class wouldn't have got it either.

I agree 100%. She wanted to reciprocate the apparent interest and dressed up a little because she wanted to look nice.

I know you guys are mostly interested in motor oil and engine specifications and all that, but there is more to life than that. I have to say about half of my engineering class wouldn't have got it either.
A joke I've heard related to your comment:

Two engineering students were walking across campus when one said, “Where did you get such a great bike?” The second engineer replied, “Well, I was walking along yesterday minding my own business when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike. She threw the bike to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want." The second engineer nodded approvingly, and said: “Good choice; the clothes probably wouldn’t have fit.”

Yeah it's a possibility. Then some chicks are just openly friendly and flirtatious, but by no means are wanting a sexual encounter. I know lots of women who like to hug, flirt, call guys "babe", but that's just a part of their personality. They're not wanting to be picked up.

I’m young so I better stay out of this thread lol 😂. That’s about all I can say here lol. But I guess it is possible she just wanted you to do it too so she would not have too. You never know lol.

Pics or it didn't happen

From my camera feed.
5923A5BD-CDF3-4957-88E2-CB300C6ADE3A.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back