Donaldson: Low burst pressure?

I just found a big dealer - Importeur for Donaldson and Wix filters here in Germany. These Filters are unknown here in Germany.

Out of curiosity, i searched the hompegae of Donaldson Filters and locked up the P 50 2007 Oil filter.
Reading the data sheet, i stumbeld about the very low burst pressure value of 100 PSi / 6.9 Bar. Is this correct?
Usually, other manufacturers claim to have more then double burst pressure.

I checked and the specifications are correct. Primarily for a Mitsubishi. This is not a good filter for your S2000

Last edited:
The Donaldson catalogue show the P 50 2007 as replacement for the smaller Honda 15400-RBA-F01 Filter.
I just read a little bit in their catalogue, all of their white filters have this a low burst pressure compared to others, it seems. Thats odd.

The Donaldson catalogue show the P 50 2007 as replacement for the smaller Honda 15400-RBA-F01 Filter.
I just read a little bit in their catalogue, all of their white filters have this a low burst pressure compared to others, it seems. Thats odd.
They are cheap stuff. Donaldson probably buys a ton of them from the lowest bidder. Donaldson is primarily known as a manufacturer of agricultural equipment filters, heavy construction filters, over the road truck filters. That is what they are known for and it is quality stuff.

They are cheap stuff. Donaldson probably buys a ton of them from the lowest bidder. Donaldson is primarily known as a manufacturer of agricultural equipment filters, heavy construction filters, over the road truck filters. That is what they are known for and it is quality stuff.

Thanks for this explanation. I was not aware of this, because Donaldson is really unknown here in Germany.

I don't know about the current ones made in Mexico, but I have a 2018 Donaldson P502007 in my stash for my Honda, and it was made in the USA. Latest spec from Donaldson on the Mexican filter shows 95% efficiency at 40 microns. I wouldn't fret about that very much, nor would I worry about the can bursting during everyday use.

How do you conclude that Donaldson buys a ton of filters from the lowest bidder? Donaldson has 18 manufacturing plants in the USA, four more in Latin America and many others worldwide. It even has two plants in Germany.

Back