Dollar General Food

Grocery Outlet's are good to have around, too. A sign of civilization

$3 salad they offer
20210916_133637_HDR(1).jpg

So different by region. By me, Dollar General is akin to driving by a cash checking or pawn shop storefront. Tells you the neighborhood you ar ein.

I did notice a difference when we were in DE and MD for my kids travel baseball. Much nicer storefronts than the ones up here in NY, at least by me.

So different by region. By me, Dollar General is akin to driving by a cash checking or pawn shop storefront. Tells you the neighborhood you ar ein.

I did notice a difference when we were in DE and MD for my kids travel baseball. Much nicer storefronts than the ones up here in NY, at least by me.
Yeah these are very nice here
Well kept in my area but some stores are not well maintained.
I don't go to them.

Dollar Generals are all over the place here, seems like any open corner lot has a sign reading "Coming Soon" :LOL:

DG is moving new storefronts into rural areas that lost Pamida or Shopko home stores.

Around here most DG are in ancient strip malls away from major retail outlets but the ones I’ve seen rurally seem to be much newer, fresher, larger in areas with basically no stores.

It’s sort of like the Dollar Tree stores that have a freezer section, in that only newer specific stores do.

Our area is dominated by Kwik Trips on every corner and that’s where many in a hurry get basics.

My guess is DG has real competition in many areas from Kwik Trips and other stores and caters each location to the cash flow and crowd they can expect in that area.

Dollar General is akin to driving by a cash checking or pawn shop storefront...
I just saw a news article about DG trying to build in (or near) Micanopy, FL (where Doc Hollywood was filmed). Apparently there was quite a bit of opposition, but I believe they were eventually approved.

Back