Does using a public bathroom bother you?

When I was in my late teens, I worked maintenance at a local truck stop to pay for school. The comment about the women's bathroom being worse? That's generally accurate (some truckers are the exception, like the guy pooping out a 4"+ diameter salami turd that plugged the toilet and had to be broken up with a plunger or the guy who ringed the stall with epoxy runs/explosive diarrhoea) due to the "other" products that are dealt with in their washroom. And women can be GROSS! You find feminine hygiene products in the toilet tanks, or stuck to the stall walls, it was not fun.

Ever since having c-diff, I've have a sensitive stomach. Certain things don't agree with me and sometimes that's a surprise. I absolutely abhor pooping in a shared space and will only do it if I'm absolutely desperate. If I can find a private bathroom where people aren't going to be hammering on the door, I'm fine. This means typically when I'm on the road, I'll eat stuff I know I'm compatible with (no experimenting). I actually have a fair bit of food anxiety from this, as restaurants tend to have shared bathrooms. Often, if I'm travelling, I'll order takeout instead of sit down and then eat it in my hotel room. Even though like 90% of the time it's fine, it's a major stressor for me now (I used to have an iron stomach, could eat absolutely ANYTHING!). It sucks, because that means I generally avoid dinners out with my coworkers.

On the other hand, I'll pee almost anywhere, that doesn't bother me in the least. If you gotta go, you gotta go.
The descriptions were hilarious

I prefer to pee off of the back deck . My wife hates when I do that ...... The neighbors can't see me , what's the big deal . She doesn't complain when the dog pee's in the front yard .

My entire life changed after they removed mine. I mean that. Go out to lunch with the wife? Sure, as long as its within 2 miles of home. Go out to dinner with friends? HAHAHA! Not on my watch.

I'd think about getting a van and putting a mini-restroom in it... then good for traveling/camping too, except for the price of fuel.

Guys (and I believe I'm correctly using that to mean males specifically, rather than people in general), this thread is hilarious.

1. A few months ago, a BITOGer (@Kira?) used the term "delivering the mail". I have made it my own.

2. I had a coworker who was very eccentric (single, intelligent, very irritable, moody, and meticulous to the point of likely actually being OCD) who would rant if he thought someone had used the men's washroom for the big one. He would leave work disgusted, drive home, do his business, and come back.

3. My wife is appalled by the idea of heated seats in a vehicle - she says it would be too much like using a recently used toilet in a public facility. I remind her of Roald Dahl's delightful boyhood autobiography ("Boy"), in which he writes of being at a harsh English boarding school. The loos were outdoors, and in the winter the senior lads would have a young fellow go out and sit on the cold seat for a few minutes to take the chill off.

4. As a former marathoner, I, like virtually all other distance runners, have had various embarrassing experiences ...

Well, I could go on, but will leave it there ...

Guys (and I believe I'm correctly using that to mean males specifically, rather than people in general), this thread is hilarious.

1. A few months ago, a BITOGer (@Kira?) used the term "delivering the mail". I have made it my own.

2. I had a coworker who was very eccentric (single, intelligent, very irritable, moody, and meticulous to the point of likely actually being OCD) who would rant if he thought someone had used the men's washroom for the big one. He would leave work disgusted, drive home, do his business, and come back.

3. My wife is appalled by the idea of heated seats in a vehicle - she says it would be too much like using a recently used toilet in a public facility. I remind her of Roald Dahl's delightful boyhood autobiography ("Boy"), in which he writes of being at a harsh English boarding school. The loos were outdoors, and in the winter the senior lads would have a young fellow go out and sit on the cold seat for a few minutes to take the chill off.

4. As a former marathoner, I, like virtually all other distance runners, have had various embarrassing experiences ...

Well, I could go on, but will leave it there ...
I prefer a warmed seat.....lol

Back