Does using a public bathroom bother you?

Does not bother me one bit. But then again, I'd pee on someone's front lawn in broad daylight if desperate enough.

Fun story:
Was on I-95 (or maybe 295) South in Delaware just below the Delaware Memorial Bridge in some really heavy traffic (stopped) and saw someone get out of their car and pee in the grass on the side of the road.

Was on I-95 (or maybe 295) South in Delaware just below the Delaware Memorial Bridge in some really heavy traffic (stopped) and saw someone get out of their car and pee in the grass on the side of the road.

Hmm. I think that may be the area Zee09 frequents.

My wife isn't fond of using them. I could care less if I gotta go. The exception for me is the outhouse type where you sometimes have to peer into the abyss....lol. But I will still use them.

How about you?
Men are a different issue than women, unless you need to go #2.

As long as the urinal doesn't stink, I'm fine.

For #2, if there's pee on the seat, I have wipes to wipe the seat. If it doesn't flush properly, that's an issue.

If I absolutely have to do a #2 or else explode, but unless I ate something foul, the morning coffee gets the job done before leaving home. A diet rich in fiber and magnesium can also help keep you on a schedule... but watch out for the beans... and as old timers say, "never trust a fart", lol.

We got it all. Poop-shy, pee-shy, poor aim, germaphobes, scruffbags, naturalists, people who enjoy group activities, and lone rangers. I have a coworker who goes into an hour-long internal monolog before deciding to take a leak. I will say I carry a foldable shovel in all my vehicles - just in case.

Pretty much a adventure unless you’re at a airport in Japan. They have spotless restrooms there and they get used a lot.

I would like to try one of these. It wouldn’t work in the US though.

After 13 weeks at Parris Island and living aboard a ship, I'm not shy nor concerned about who was there first.

Unless you were a boot getting underway for the first time. Those with experience let the boots use the head first after leaving the pier.

For the landlubbers here when the ship changes over from shore water to sea water some air get into the plumbing. I’ll leave the rest to the imagination.

This was a long time ago.

I've seen it all from piss all over the toilet seat to 'finger painting' on the stall wall. But what really makes my hair stand is when someone does a deuce in a public toilet and walks out without washing their hands.

When I was in my late teens, I worked maintenance at a local truck stop to pay for school. The comment about the women's bathroom being worse? That's generally accurate (some truckers are the exception, like the guy pooping out a 4"+ diameter salami turd that plugged the toilet and had to be broken up with a plunger or the guy who ringed the stall with epoxy runs/explosive diarrhoea) due to the "other" products that are dealt with in their washroom. And women can be GROSS! You find feminine hygiene products in the toilet tanks, or stuck to the stall walls, it was not fun.

Ever since having c-diff, I've have a sensitive stomach. Certain things don't agree with me and sometimes that's a surprise. I absolutely abhor pooping in a shared space and will only do it if I'm absolutely desperate. If I can find a private bathroom where people aren't going to be hammering on the door, I'm fine. This means typically when I'm on the road, I'll eat stuff I know I'm compatible with (no experimenting). I actually have a fair bit of food anxiety from this, as restaurants tend to have shared bathrooms. Often, if I'm travelling, I'll order takeout instead of sit down and then eat it in my hotel room. Even though like 90% of the time it's fine, it's a major stressor for me now (I used to have an iron stomach, could eat absolutely ANYTHING!). It sucks, because that means I generally avoid dinners out with my coworkers.

On the other hand, I'll pee almost anywhere, that doesn't bother me in the least. If you gotta go, you gotta go.

When I was in my late teens, I worked maintenance at a local truck stop to pay for school. The comment about the women's bathroom being worse? That's generally accurate (some truckers are the exception, like the guy pooping out a 4"+ diameter salami turd that plugged the toilet and had to be broken up with a plunger or the guy who ringed the stall with epoxy runs/explosive diarrhoea) due to the "other" products that are dealt with in their washroom. And women can be GROSS! You find feminine hygiene products in the toilet tanks, or stuck to the stall walls, it was not fun.

Ever since having c-diff, I've have a sensitive stomach. Certain things don't agree with me and sometimes that's a surprise. I absolutely abhor pooping in a shared space and will only do it if I'm absolutely desperate. If I can find a private bathroom where people aren't going to be hammering on the door, I'm fine. This means typically when I'm on the road, I'll eat stuff I know I'm compatible with (no experimenting). I actually have a fair bit of food anxiety from this, as restaurants tend to have shared bathrooms. Often, if I'm travelling, I'll order takeout instead of sit down and then eat it in my hotel room. Even though like 90% of the time it's fine, it's a major stressor for me now (I used to have an iron stomach, could eat absolutely ANYTHING!). It sucks, because that means I generally avoid dinners out with my coworkers.

On the other hand, I'll pee almost anywhere, that doesn't bother me in the least. If you gotta go, you gotta go.
Speaking of experimenting with foods… I no longer trust the mystery chili cheese glizzies at work. They look delicious (and they are!) but looks are deceiving!!!

2B9E40CE-54FA-42D0-9292-5FF4E4A58CFD.jpeg

I’ll only use a public restroom for #1 unless it’s an absolute emergency. I try to plan my solid functions accordingly so I can do them in the comfort of my home 😀

I find this horrific thread way too entertaining.

I can tinkle anywhere, and I do mean anywhere, but if I'm launching a new submarine, that happens at home if at all possible. I hate public restrooms with a deep burning hatred, with all the hot burning hatred of a thousand burning hating suns. I used to plan my lavatory excursions as much as possible to avoid them at all costs, but after having had my gall bladder removed a few years ago, I can no longer plan.... well, ANYTHING. If any doctor even mentions removing your gall bladder, start screaming "NO!" at the tops of your lungs, with all the emotion you can muster. Scream it the way Luke screams no when Darth Vader told him he was his father. Keep screaming no until your dead. Scream it at the pearly gates. Scream it as you cross the river Styx. Scream it in heaven, scream it in hell. Scream NO for all eternity. You'll thank me.

My entire life changed after they removed mine. I mean that. Go out to lunch with the wife? Sure, as long as its within 2 miles of home. Go out to dinner with friends? HAHAHA! Not on my watch. If the doctor says "We have to remove your gallbladder, or you'll die in two weeks" then just go home, get your affairs in order, and enjoy the next two weeks before you die. Do not under any circumstances entertain any other option other than your own death.

Unless you enjoy using public restrooms!

I hope some day to get over my deep burning hatred of public restrooms, it would make my life so, so much easier. I know we all use the toilet, I just dont want to be two feet away in the next stall, seeing your shoes over there, listening to you doing what sounds like an elephant giving birth to a den of rattlesnakes, while I'm sitting right next to you across the wall. Who's idea was this?

Back