Does Toyota's Statement on Syn Have Merit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

"In terms of maintaining the integrity of your warranty,"

Complete B.S. there. They can't refuse warranty service unless they can prove the problem was your fault.

True..

But remember it's your Lawyer vs their Lawyers ..

Guess who has more $$$$...
rolleyes.gif

And your Lawyer wants your $$ before they do anything.

Thats why I'll go with what ever they say as long as it's under warrenty and it's their motor.

When I had a engine problem way out of warrenty (3yr/36k warrenty and I had 61k miles in 3 yrs) I got the Company to PAY for the warrenty work since I could show them that I followed the manual to the letter and even did better than they asked for.. (more oil changes than needed)

This showed that I take care of my outfits and no way I could have caused the damage to my motor.

No lawyer needed. No extra $$ out of my pocket.

Out of warrenty work done and PAID by them. (I did have to pay $100 for shop testing and supplies. Better than the $1200
grin.gif
)

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

PS: They did check my receipts to make sure the oil I had used matched what the manual asked for! Never had any work before the Head Gaskets done at any shop since I bought the car.

PPS: I've got a Toyota and have run Mobil 1 in it (it was the worst oil I've run it in since I've bought it in 35k miles) and have used Castrol Syntec (better but too much $$) and have went back to dino and Syn blends. Guess I'm screwed
tongue.gif
Maybe it will only last 400k.. We will see. It says nothing in my manual about going back and forth is bad??
confused.gif

I have proven to toyota (after they refused a claim) through oil analisis that the oil used for a customer was fine, and the customer records showed regular changes with our oil. They rebuild the engine at no charge.

I think that Toyota is just trying to minimize warranty work as vehicles age if a customer switched to Syn. and showed up at the service desk with a complaint of a wet seal. Their drivetrains have 5 yrs.-60,000 mile warrantys They sell a LOT of vehicles world-wide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back