Does this Motorcraft FL-910S look genuine?

Bought some FL-910S filters online from WalMart (had them shipped). Something about these seems off. I last bought a Motorcraft filter less than a year ago and it had the FL-910S printed on the side of the can and the packaging was printed in color. Is this just a recent redesign or a WalMart specific branding/packaging?

Kinda worried these are counterfeit/knock-offs.
20210330_164753.jpg

In fairness … the 910 is compact enough to tolerate the paper media better than the big filters …

As everyone said this is the new packaging. They switched sometime last year. All of us Ford parts people threw up the red flags because they looked just like the counterfeit ones we all saw in the "how to identify counterfeit Motorcraft" training.

Bought some FL-910S filters online from WalMart
I see that it's mostly settled now, but WHO did you buy them from ? Walmart allows 3rd-party sellers to use their "market". Just because you bought them from walmart.com doesn't mean you bought them from Walmart.

I see that it's mostly settled now, but WHO did you buy them from ? Walmart allows 3rd-party sellers to use their "market". Just because you bought them from walmart.com doesn't mean you bought them from Walmart.
Sold and Shipped by Walmart, so not a third party seller.

Great filter for where filter is base up. No need to shake for rattles. Or worry it may be loose inside but not enough to rattle. Probably one of the best values on the market. If is actually from Walmart and not a WM seller it would be genuine retail product.

Bought some FL-910S filters online from WalMart (had them shipped). Something about these seems off. I last bought a Motorcraft filter less than a year ago and it had the FL-910S printed on the side of the can and the packaging was printed in color. Is this just a recent redesign or a WalMart specific branding/packaging?

Kinda worried these are counterfeit/knock-offs.
View attachment 51959
Looks identical to the one I bought at Autozone Sunday. I would normally go to Wally world to buy it for $3 instead of $9, but didn't want to drive the 10 miles to buy just 1 filter...

Just my $0.02

Looks identical to the one I bought at Autozone Sunday. I would normally go to Wally world to buy it for $3 instead of $9, but didn't want to drive the 10 miles to buy just 1 filter...

Just my $0.02
I get not wanting to drive, that's cool. But dang more than twice the price at AZ, whacked. That said, when one uses or must use an AP store, cost is what it is.

As for topic filter, like the 400S and 500S, 'afaik' 910S anecdotes generally been fine. Also as long as clearance permits not a bad filter to grab at WM instead of the more expensive OPE filter for Briggs and Kohler engines on mowers. WM/Amazon price, good value imo.

Back