Does this make me a bitogger now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I decided to change the oil today on our van; here are a few pics and specs of the patient:

Brand : Fiat
Model : Doblo Cargo Maxi
Engine: 1.3 Mjet (1247 cc)

Reading on the odo - 104,409 Km

9hmbk9.jpg

Fuel consumption for the last 1,700 Km 6.3L/100 Km (about 37 MPG) with 50% city driving and a couple of long trips hauling stuff

5kht88.jpg

This is the engine (you guys with powerstroke and hemi stop laughing...I know it's small but it gets the job done :p )

30modgh.jpg

Here are the goodies: Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 and Mann filter

14brs49.jpg

Out comes the old oil filter (Mann)

2u548bo.jpg

Filter case clean as a whistle

efnuoj.jpg

Plates on the filter look [censored] good IMHO

30rnua1.jpg

No visible particles in between the plates

2rxtim0.jpg

New one smells so yummy (I'm such a weirdo)

s42g07.jpg

Made in DE

2gt3pg1.jpg

And here is where my cell phone battery decided to die on me
frown.gif

The purged oil from he sump was Shell Helix Ultra and the one before that was Castrol Edge Turbo Diesel in 5w-40 weight. What I noticed today was that with Castrol the oil dipstick was a bit varnished but after 10k Km with Shell, after a quick wipe the dipstick looks like is made of polished stainless steal

Thanks for the post. Man those cartridge filters look familiar (my old cruze). N/A 1.3L o_o getting used to such small engines would be unusual- not even a turbo to help it out D:

Shell Helix is I believe comparable to either Pennzoil platinum or Pennzoil Ultra here in the States. I do wish we had more access to MANN filters though. Those are some good filters, if a bit pricey sometimes.

EDIT: Answer to your question: you took pictures of oil, and filters. Welcome to BITOG
b56d7f00968b5e4eeebd501a856f1b1d.png

Taking more than ONE picture of a used oil filter automatically relegates you to life as a Bitogger.

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Thanks guys
laugh.gif

Forgot to mention...this is a turbo-diesel 1.3 and it's perfectly capable of hauling 2000 Lbs at 75 miles per hour
laugh.gif

I would laugh at the engine, but sub-1.5L engines are becoming more and more common here everyday.

I'd say so. I took pictures of my 1.25L Ford Fiesta rental car we had in Italy last year. Those pictures included the oil filler cap that specified Ford Recommends Castrol oil.

Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay
How much does Shell Helix Ultra go for in Romania?

I payed 37 bucks for a 4 liters jug of Helix Ultra and 9 for the filter

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Andy636

waaaaaaaaaat!? Man that's expensive! Even PU is around $25 for 5qts. o_o

I like 6.3L/100km in mixed driving. I wonder if fiat will bring something like the Doblo here sometime. I guess gas has to up a bit more first..

Originally Posted By: Nick R

waaaaaaaaaat!? Man that's expensive! Even PU is around $25 for 5qts. o_o

I got it for 37 because it was on sale and our sale tax (value added tax) is 24%
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
I like 6.3L/100km in mixed driving. I wonder if fiat will bring something like the Doblo here sometime. I guess gas has to up a bit more first..

Again...my model is a cargo van and it's a diesel. I know 2 years ago they wanted to bring the exact same model in the US under Chrysler but the project somehow got canceled.

P.S. - here is an article about this:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/chrysler-co...-a-ram-in-2013/

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tudorart
Salut! So this would be GTL based? Any Fiat spec does it have to meet?
Tudor

It has to meet Fiat 9.55535 Z2

That's around what the auto part stores here price synthetic at when it's not on sale. You'll have to stock up on your next trip to the states. Try to book your flight around a Free After Rebate deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back