Does this email seem like a craigslist scam?

Im selling a radiator for a mid 80s gm diesel. This is an email I received today but something just seems off about it. I haven't replied yet. here is the link to my ad. https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/pts/d/annandale-on-hudson-large-radiator-for/7435167528.html Also included the picture of the email. He asks why im selling but i state in the ad the radiator was to large and would require me to modify my vehicle. Also he gives a contact email which is not needed for my to replay back and the contact email is weird with all the periods between each word.

Capture.PNG

Pass. If there's nothing in their response that matches anything in your ad... delete.

If the response was "I've seen your ad for the radiator...", that would be different.

Pass. If there's nothing in their response that matches anything in your ad... delete.

If the response was "I've seen your ad for the radiator...", that would be different.
And when the reply said they don't reply to CL responses... yet is on CL....... pure scammer. The email link to click on might not of been a legit Gmail account either, click on that email address and be sent somewhere else.

Run Forest Run....

There are also scammers that pose like buyers, had one last week who wanted to pay for something worth $10 and that she/he would pick-up in person, with an electronic fund transfer, when I said that she could give me the money when I haned the mercahndise over she disappeared. All she/he wanted was an account number to raid for funds or ID stealing.

If you can't immediately tell that's a scam then you maybe aren't ready for internet purchasing/selling.

I just sent "Lorenzo" an email, lets see how this goes. I love messing with scammers.

"Yes, the item is still for sale. I no longer need it. What is your availability and what part of town are you in?"

I recently posted something on CL and got 2 of these emails. I figured they were scams because any time I respond to a CL using the "email" link it puts the title of the ad in the subject line.

just my $0.02

Back