Does Magnatec do what all oils do?

JT20

How do you think he is able to give away $100+K cars away. Of course it's also a business write-off.

Independently rich family?

I thought the whole "I make money on YouTube" thing was a scam.

Rob Ferretti = Gotham Dream Cars, a handful of very wealthy investors, $2000-$5000 a day rent a Lambo etc

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
Streetspeed use to work for STEEDA in a warehouse ... not independently wealthy. He's talked about it on his channel. He just go lucky and had a channel that took off. Not easy to do.

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
How big we talkin lol

Maybe I'm in the wrong business.
You know one of the biggest money makers on YT is a little kid that reviews and plays with toys ... makes like around $30M a year. Google it.

How big we talkin lol

Maybe I'm in the wrong business.
IDK pretty big, but lots of them, and lots I haven't heard of...was looking up Tesla stuff one day and came across a section of a guy's video (whom I had never come across before or heard of) where he talked about the one video he did of a new Tesla Model 3 a year and a half prior had paid for the car.

@ZeeOSix

didn't know you can make big $ on youtube. good to know!

I always thought majority (not all) of youtubers are bunch of high school kids or people who live in their parent's basements ... lol

Music videos are mainly the only thing I watch on youtube and not much of it. Wait, I also watch engine oil pour/flow tests especially when they compare 10W30 dino of brand A with 0W20 Full Synthetic (is that FS Mobil?) of brand B.

Honestly didn't know there is that much money involved. :alien:

4WD

$50 site donor 2023
Castrol Magnatec does not have Group V polyol ester (POE) base stocks. It probably has some organic antiwear/extreme pressure/friction modifier (AW/EP/FM) compound, possibly ester-based, which is found in almost every modern oil these days, especially in dual-rated API CK-4/SN HDEOs with reduced ZDDP. So, all in all it's a marketing gimmick.
Them dirty no good marketing scoundrels again … Mildred, grab the 12 ga … 😷

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
Music videos are mainly the only thing I watch on youtube and not much of it. Wait, I also watch engine oil pour/flow tests especially when they compare 10W30 dino of brand A with 0W20 Full Synthetic (is that FS Mobil?) of brand B.

Honestly didn't know there is that much money involved. :alien:

I'm betting "Project Farm" makes a lot of money. Anyone with close to 1M subscribers or more that makes a video every day or two is making lots of money.

SR5

My question about Magnetic: I see it as a 5W-30, C3; DEXOS 2. Why wouldn't DEXOS 2 work well in a gasoline engine?
Every Dexos2 & C3 oil I have ever seen is also API SN, so perfectly suitable for a gas/petrol engine. They are high HTHS (>= 3.5 cP) compared to Dexos1. In Australia the GM-Holden people often use D2 as a performance oil in gas engines.

I’ve only used Magnatec twice, both times my oil consumption and engine noise levels dropped. With that you’d think I’d use it again, I haven’t because I only buy oil that is either giving a rebate or on clearance. I have seen Magnatec on sale recently at Walmart...forget, maybe $19 for five quarts?

Is Dimethyl Sulfide, a solvent, the magic intelligent molecule in a typical Group I,II,III oil like Magnatec? It is noted in the SDS at proportions less than 3%.

4WD

$50 site donor 2023
It is pure magic.
Just the other day I tried to pour it out of a 5 quart jug and it had clinged so tightly that I could not get the oil to pour. I haven't figured out how to get it out of the jug yet.
They may switch to the bags like Amsoil gear juice 😷