Does Magnatec do what all oils do?

Before;

20210130_221814.jpg
20210130_221826.jpg
20210130_221835.jpg

Looks perfect JT!! (y) Definitely that typical Castrol color.

Very nice.

I guess we can't trust store lighting.

I really DO like how I don't need to fool with opening the little cellophane things under the cap that never seem to want to open. This one as well as the QSAD I just open the cap and I get a perfect pour.

As mentioned, the Supertech blue bottles, you gotta get the deal off perfect or it can gum up your pour.

Makes even less difference since I got an OIL UDDER on the way but.. maybe I am finding my oils. Who knows.

Very nice.

I guess we can't trust store lighting.

I really DO like how I don't need to fool with opening the little cellophane things under the cap that never seem to want to open. This one as well as the QSAD I just open the cap and I get a perfect pour.

As mentioned, the Supertech blue bottles, you gotta get the deal off perfect or it can gum up your pour.

Makes even less difference since I got an OIL UDDER on the way but.. maybe I am finding my oils. Who knows.
I'd be afraid that **** thing would fall in to the jug haha!!

Last week I was browsing the motor oil isle of walmart and noticed a Castrol jug clearly opened, with what appeared to be gum in between the cap and the jug. I'm pretty sure somebody returned used motor oil... pointed it out to an employee and they removed it from the shelf.

Last week I was browsing the motor oil isle of walmart and noticed a Castrol jug clearly opened, with what appeared to be gum in between the cap and the jug. I'm pretty sure somebody returned used motor oil... pointed it out to an employee and they removed it from the shelf.
Might have been the Poligrip breaking out of the formula 😷

So, I just picked up a jug. Walmart had what *appears* to have been an unsealed jug...

Is it normally that dark amber color?

I know some feel Walmart sells "used motor oil" but I digress. The QSAD I bought.. it was as simple as "open the cap, pour the oil." No extra step, like with the Supertech, or really weird Valvoline caps (which I agree, it would be pretty impossible to put used motor oil in and return those.)

I could maybe pour it into something clear, but I know my favorite Ester oil, Redline, has that dark color too so..

Is it normally that darker color, even from first pour?
Yep. Castrol is a "dark" oil. Then there's Valvoline which is almost clear as water.

Yeah I stupidly stocked up on Magnatec in 2019 when I got a new car and now I'm sitting here with like 23 quarts of SN Plus Magnatec and I don't even want to use it because I later joined and read this forum and went and got SP Edge. So what if I got the Magnatec for $15 on sale, who cares when Edge is like $23? Change every 6 months, and it's like $20 a year difference? Yeah that's not effecting my decision lol

Yes, I remember the bad old days 3 or 4 years ago when engines routinely exploded running those terrible SN oils.

You could barely drive down the streets for all the cars abandoned on the side of the road. ;)

In Norway the 5W-20 E. Magnatec for Ford EcoBoost 1.0 engine is this. I like it 🙂View attachment 41742
Nice. I bought one of those smart oil filters to boot, you know the ones with the anti drain back valve. This oil coupled with the filter makes my car super smart.

Jokes aside. This is a good oil, is it unicorn blood though? No. Check the UOAs out, they come back good usually.

Back