Does Ceratec work?

It's amazing the variety of things that supposedly cure that tick.
Maybe several years ago when the issue was new combined with folks being new to DI that was the perception.

There are many many folks who have seen a good improvement with ceratec and many many folks who have not been able to reduce the noise by other methods.

I've used Ceratec in numerous applications. Some applications I noticed no change at all (my old 2020 BMW 520d Touring springs to mind) and other applications I noticed a pleasant improvement.

One application that surprised me was my Wife's Dacia Logan with it's little Renault/Nissan 1.5DCi engine. That had a significant and noticeable improvement in low end 'smoothness' and general responsiveness. I have the same engine in my new 2022 Dacia Duster so will be looking forward to giving it a try once I've got some miles on it.

To the point of clogging the sock? That's what they were discussing. hBn particles of 30 microns won't be used in engine additives
I was just answering your question about trapping and noting that all filters will trap nearly anything but perhaps at a very low level. That oil filter will trap some 1 micron particles.

I'm not advocating the use of solids in engine oil, but there seems to be a lot of misguided sentiment on both sides of the argument. Filter clogging being one of them. Now, a bypass filter is another matter, although those have a filtration efficiency much like a diesel fuel filter and I know those don't clog either from 1 micron particles.

If someone had an engine to sacrifice, they can do a test similar to what Russian military did - drain oil and run engine, see how long it runs till it's ceased. Russians did this on one of their tanks and ran engine for one hour, it didn't cease.

To the point of clogging the sock? That's what they were discussing. hBn particles of 30 microns won't be used in engine additives
See link in post no 10. As mentioned in the post this may be the source based on the verbiage used. I'm not judging either way. Obviously LM would pull the product if it were causing issues all these years.

Last edited:
Yes that's how wiki works, you find some website saying something about anything, quote and reference them.

Unfortunately, it often refers to marketing speak. LM marketing speak will make it look like it's the bees knees but won't say you might invalidate your warranty (for example), and someone else in the oil business not selling hBn will say it's **** and their product is better. Both are at best telling half truths.

I'm going to try a bottle of this next weekend. Reason I'm waiting till next weekend is because I'm taking a road trip so I'll pour it in then drive 18 hours, drive around on vacation for 12 days or so then another 18 hour drive back which eliminates any possible fall out of suspension concerns as I'll definitely put 2500+ miles on in 2 weeks.

I have used it in our 2.0t theta 2 engine - - - - - so far so good.
It gets mostly short trips and very rarely warms up during the winter.
I have used it twice so far over 45k kms.
FWIW

742g8o.jpg

I'm going to try a bottle of this next weekend. Reason I'm waiting till next weekend is because I'm taking a road trip so I'll pour it in then drive 18 hours, drive around on vacation for 12 days or so then another 18 hour drive back which eliminates any possible fall out of suspension concerns as I'll definitely put 2500+ miles on in 2 weeks.
The "But it falls out of suspension and that it won't get re-mixed!" concern on this site is BITOG level 11 anxiety...just shake it up and dump it in and drive it however you drive it normally. In before... everything...🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
The "But it falls out of suspension and that it won't get re-mixed!" concern on this site is BITOG level 11 anxiety...just shake it up and dump it in and drive it however you drive it normally. In before... everything...🤣🤣🤣

I just tossed it in a couple hours ago. I actually poured it into my Mobil1 5W30 Extended Performance 5 QT jug and shook it up real good then dumped it all in premixed to delay the falling out of suspension 🤣. Driving Chicago to Tampa 18ish hours Saturday so unlikely anything falling outta suspension as 1200ish miles one way. So it will see 2400+ miles within 2 weeks.

I just tossed it in a couple hours ago. I actually poured it into my Mobil1 5W30 Extended Performance 5 QT jug and shook it up real good then dumped it all in premixed to delay the falling out of suspension 🤣. Driving Chicago to Tampa 18ish hours Saturday so unlikely anything falling outta suspension as 1200ish miles one way. So it will see 2400+ miles within 2 weeks.
Again....this is BITOG boogieman....you don't have to do all this....it will be ok...haha...it will remix IF it even does "fall out of suspension".

If someone had an engine to sacrifice, they can do a test similar to what Russian military did - drain oil and run engine, see how long it runs till it's ceased. Russians did this on one of their tanks and ran engine for one hour, it didn't cease.
Like the Project Farm videos BITOG likes to hate?

Back