Does Castrol make a 5w40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Dr. T:
Patman, I looked at the bottle again at Peninsula Motors (Oakville) yesterday and yes, it says "Made in Belgium" on the very last line on the bottom on the back of the bottle after Castrol USA...and "Imported in Canada by Castrol Canada"....seems like the major thrust is for VW specs...they're listed all over the bottle in yellow...front and rear....
mad.gif
forgot to ask about price
mad.gif

Have you been back there again and if so what was the price on this stuff?

Actually..yup. The price is $7.99 / L...not bad, but not much of a bargain either...

Since this board is so well thought of and influential maybe we ought to petition Castrol to let us be their test mules for marketing their European oils in America, you know like they provide samples at cost for us to test...if we liked them, they surely get publicity fast; of course if we did'n...nawwww, that would never happen!

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. T:
Actually..yup. The price is $7.99 / L...not bad, but not much of a bargain either...

That's less than I was expecting. I hope someone on here tries it out. I'd like to know if it stays in grade or not. Since it is already a very low 40wt, it wouldn't take much thinning out to turn it into a 30wt. But as long as it stayed above 12.0 in a 6k interval I'd be impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back