Does anyone sell a XM satellite antenna with a short cable?

I need a smaller antenna with a short cable because I replaced the windshield in this Fiat 500 with a windshield listed as, without satellite radio, so it doesn't have a large enough frit (blacked out area) to mount it without it being visible from the outside. The glass was less than half the price of the ones "with satellite radio" which is why I went with that. I want to use one of these Sirius antennas on the left to replace it with. The only issue is they all seem to come with 20+ foot long cables. Do they make any with shorter cables? Is it possible to cut and splice the cable to make it shorter?

IMG_8349.JPG

You can check on amazon and see if they have it,

It is coaxial, a thinner one, if you are going to splice it make sure you insulate it as good as possible.

Get one of those vinyl stickers that go across the top of the windshield to hide it.

The Sirius and XM satellites use different (though adjacent) frequency bands. Test a particular Sirius antenna to confirm it will have acceptable reception with an XM receiver.

You'll be adapting Fakra connectors, OEM connector looks different than aftermarket SiriusXM antennas

For best reception, use the new and improved NGVA3 antenna, prevents interference with Band 4/66 LTE cell service

I doubt you'll find a short cable antenna, best hide it behind A pillar trim or under dash

Reactions: GON
Back