Does anyone here use Meguiar's Gold Class?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a big Liquid Glass user for a number of years back in the late 80s/early 90s. I had a black 1988 Dodge Shadow Turbo which I bought new and I would put a coat of LG on it every 3-4 weeks. I actually believed that the more coats you put on, the less of a chance that your car would get stone chips on it! Hey, I was a dumb teenager!
smile.gif

The one thing I really did not like was that LG would always streak. The car needed to sit out in the sun for a few hours in order for that to go away. And it left behind a lot of dust and residue also. But I put up with all that back then because I believe the hype that this stuff was actually like putting a coating of glass on your car to protect the finish!
smile.gif

I will have to check out autotopia.org and see what kind of info I can get from there! Thanks!

Patman,

Have you ever had that shop use M21 on your car? I would be interested in hearing your comments if you have. I may try it when I finish with the M20 I am currently using. They are both basically the same price from Meguiar's.

Never paid attention to swirls until recently, but GC always made my Saturn shiny.

It has a ton of swirls right now and it needs a coat badly, but I don't have time.

But for one thing, GC's durability is horrible here in Sacramento. I barely get more than 6 weeks before the surface feels rough again.

But even with sporadic waxing at twice a year, the paint looks great after 10+ years. No significant fading in certain spots, nor any peeling.

quote:

Originally posted by benjamming:
Patman,

Have you ever had that shop use M21 on your car? I would be interested in hearing your comments if you have. I may try it when I finish with the M20 I am currently using. They are both basically the same price from Meguiar's.

So far I've only had that shop put #26 on my car, but this winter I might give the #21 a try. I'll let you know what I think of it if I do try it. I was in the shop today getting them to vacuum out my interior and they were putting #21 on a silver Mercedes AMG SLK 32. It's not often that you see silver that really SHINES but this one sure did.

I bought more NXT today and am going to try it out tomorrow morning. Hopefully the fresh bottle won't give me any streaking/smearing issues, and this time I intend on shaking the bottle a lot more before I use it every time.

Here are a few pics of my car from a couple weeks ago showing how good NXT makes it shine:

-

-

I put on a fresh coat of NXT out of the new bottle this morning and it worked out perfectly! No smearing and it left behind no streaks at all. It buffed off just beautifully!

As a side note, is the Meguiar's message forum down? I haven't been able to get on there for more than 24 hours now.

Glad to hear Patman! Have any pics?

As far as Meg's board, I'm not able to get on right now either. Not sure what's going on.

I didn't really care for the NXT,Mirror Glaze or Gold Class. The only Meguier's worth using is their Professional Line in brown bottles,but I don't like any of Mequier's Liquid or Paste Waxes(I think all of them are below average) but their fine cut,medium cut,heavy cut,professional rubber cleaner,professional rubber/vinyl conditioner are very good,all of their professional line is really good except for the wax. For wax, look somewhere else: One Grande Carnauba Wax,3M Paste Wax,Mother's Carnauba Wax,Autoglym Ultra Gloss,P21S Carnauba Wax are a few of my fav.

Did you use NXT by itself? I have some Klasse two steps at home and I have some NXT here in another city. I might be home this weekend and do the Klasse first, then NXT later.

Comments?

Looks nice btw!

I have been using that Turtle wax ICE product for a while now, but one of my friends let me use his Maguires #26....... and WOW, its been one for one month, and after rain/ washing it still looks great...,
It makes the pain look deep and wet , so far 1 month and counting...,
I really enjoyed the ICE, but it would be gone in a week or two.

#26 is my new fav by a long shot...!
and its so cheap compared to GC or NXT....

Check out the maguires forums, they all love #26 over there.

#26 is very good. I really like to use it on my white '00 Grand Am GT. Very easy on & off and durability seems pretty good. I believe it's about $12 each.

I consider #26 one of the best overall carnauba's out there.

hey Patman,

I know black is awsome when clean and waxed ,
Gold Class is an exellent product , I used it up to 6 months ago ,then I found Mothers Synwax,
this in my opinion is a notch better than Gold Class ,it seems to last longer yet shinewise it is close if not just a bit better, I picked it up at Performance Improvments ,you should try it.

I started using S100 back in May and since then have stopped using my NXT and GC. I gave what I had left of those two products to a neighbor's kid. The S100 is cheaper than the both of them, goes on and off like butter and provides a deep durable wet look shine...IMHO. Top of the Line's Black Velvet and Trade Secret waxes both have great durability and ease of use. S100's been compared to Pinnacle Souveran in some forums

Quote:

I started using S100 back in May and since then have stopped using my NXT and GC. ...goes on and off like butter ...S100's been compared to Pinnacle Souveran in some forums

Great product. S100 is VERY easy to use and looks great. My lazy day wax. So easy to use. Durability is OK. Harley Davidson dealerships usually have it.

I not much of a fan of GC or NXT. #26 Liquid is much easiers to use then either and I think last at least 3 months+-, easy to use too.
#20 is very good too and I still use #16 Carnauba in the blue can, very durable. Small areas thin on then off SOON or else work work work. I still like #7 glaze followed by #26 Liquid especially on black or red cars/trucks. I think a very good easy to find everywhere combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back