Do you live in an area with "exotic" cars?

My dad bought a 911 back on the day as a stock broker for Merrill Lynch years ago. He said everyone had Jags,Ferrari, etc. Its kinda like the club from trading places. He said his Porsche didn't have the issues other cars had. But I guess he had his Alpine Cassette player stole twice. After that, he didn't put anything back in but his Copenhagen.

In the Denver area it's hit or miss. One day I saw three different Ferraris within 10 minutes. A couple of years back I saw a McLaren 720s with the $13,000 Lantana purple color option.

Some people might think you're joking, but living in farm country it's no joke! There's a farm implement place that is right down the road that's across from my house. During the Spring and Summer I see some seriously expensive stuff!

But, on topic, nothing too out of the wild around here. A couple Vipers, a Maserati or two, but nothing Ferrari or Lamborghini like.
You're not kidding. I priced out some tractors and combines and the price was staggering. I don't see how farmers can afford any of those.

Do ~$500k tractors and other farm machines count? Lol.

On a side note, I have a friend who lives in the outside of Auburn. A very big car oriented town in Indiana. As we were outside, several exotics and classics went by his house. I was surprised, but he reminded me of where we were and that it was like this every nice weathered weekend.

Cujet drives them.
I've driven some of the best cars ever made. The list is pretty long. The most fun was prob the McLaren F1. A pretty good "runner up" is the LaFerrari and associated FXXK.

Here in South Florida, there are plenty of exotics. At the airport FBO's each parking spot has an ever nicer or more exotic car. I generally don't take pictures, but if I think of it, next cool car I see, I'll post a pic.

Here I am driving a brand new Enzo, chasing the brand new F1. I lost...

3kvZbCQ.jpg

c7cYVIH.jpg

XSxkG5u.jpg

Last edited:
Not at all. Seeing a Tesla around here is considered rare, usually people on vacation. Saw a Lamborghini Diablo once, completely out of place. However brand new 1 ton diesels are everywhere, they're getting close to the cost of a supercar, a used one anyway.

The Bay Area has a few Ferraris, Lambos and McLarens - but usually on Friday nights in Walnut Creek and the weekend on Skyline Blvd near Woodside/Los Gatos and Mill Valley(Ferrari San Francisco is in Mill Valley). Also, when the Goodguys has a car show in Pleasanton, lots of classic Detroit shows up.

Lots of BMW M and Mercedes AMG here.

Not at all. Seeing a Tesla around here is considered rare, usually people on vacation. Saw a Lamborghini Diablo once, completely out of place. However brand new 1 ton diesels are everywhere, they're getting close to the cost of a supercar, a used one anyway.
Teslas are like Hondas in So Cal. My neighbor has a broken Diablo in his garage. Different world

You're not kidding. I priced out some tractors and combines and the price was staggering. I don't see how farmers can afford any of those.
I find ag equipment more exciting that exotic cars to the point of going to the John Deere dealer and sitting in the combines and huge tractors. I stick my head in the door of the dealership and say can I sit in the tractors and they say make yourself at home, there are more around back.

I have seen 2 rolls Royce's this week! One at a car show here... Probably was a 60's and just last night saw one with nv plates headed towards Vegas on I-15. This one was newer,a weird blue and looked a lot like a Jaguar as it passed us .

Back