Do You Have Fram Derangement Syndrome (FDS)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With 1000's of filters installed profesionally as well as personally - Purolator had the most crimp seam weeps of anything. All are about = for base gasket weeps. Back in the day we didnt cut filters open (or they were in a drop in canister) so I have nere seen failed media - except on TV
smile.gif
Me I like the Larger wix and on small form factor - Non Ecore Delco or Champ aftermarket non-ecore. Nothing else cuts it for me. My cars seems to demonstrate low flow so I shy away from high eff media. (btw, The OEM Tokro Roki seems to present no trouble).

Originally Posted By: Cristobal
I have used OCOD and Tough Guard filters. I have never had a problem. I observe their limitations and do not stretch them past that point.

Soooo would 8k be a little to much for a TG??

I refer to it as OCOD. It's the only way I know what to avoid.

Their other filters don't really interest me at all - I've got the filters I like, Wix, Napa, and Purolator.

Don't need anything else.

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
You might have Fram Derangement Syndrome if...

- you won't use anything on your engine labelled "Fram" regardless of the actual features of said product

- you use the term "cardboard" instead of engineered fiber when referring to Fram endcaps

- you think wavy pleats are OK in anything but a Fram

- you use the acronym "OCOD"

- you urinate on, shoot at or drive over Fram filters

Feel free to add any other FDS symptoms you may have noticed.

- you think that a leaf spring relief valve doesn't provide oil to your engine in high pressure drop situations.

You may be a troll if...
Your name is kevguy
you worship mediocre Fram ocod filters
You call cardboard endcaps "engineered fiber" so they sound less lame!

I have said in the past that Frams are probably not as bad as some say.

I have changed my mind.

I used a MicroGard oil filter at the last oil change,it was made by Fram.I changed in out just recently because the engine started to rattle when trying to give it gas.It wasnt getting enough oil.

I changed the filter to a Purolator and I havent heard the noise since.

This was the first Fram/Fram made oil filter I have used in years and unless I cant get anything else,I will not use a Fram oil filter again.

- you won't use anything on your engine labelled "Fram" regardless of the actual features of said product

- you use the term "cardboard" instead of engineered fiber when referring to Fram endcaps

- you are convinced that a Silicon ADBV does not prevent reverse flow when the vehicle is turned off.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KevGuy

- you are convinced that a Silicon ADBV does not prevent reverse flow when the vehicle is turned off.

And now I'm starting to see some jealously....

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
yes I have a mild case of FDS

I wonder if there is a pill for that?

Yes, there is an orange pill you can take....

Gota admit that was funny lol

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
yes I have a mild case of FDS

I wonder if there is a pill for that?

Yes, there is an orange pill you can take....
The orange pill of death? (OPOD)

I won't touch a fram oil filter with a ten foot pole.

You might have Fram Derangement Syndrome if ...

- If you walk around saying "don't fear the orange can" all the time.

lol.gif

I used to think the OCOD was the cat's behind of filters...after learning here that it isn't, I now believe the OCOD isn't a BAD filter, just overpriced.

Now the DoubleGuard and the High Mileage filters...THOSE are bad and have completely soured me on FRAM products. Even though the ULTRA is supposed to be a quality filter, I would have the heebie-jeebies if one was on my car and wouldn't be able to sleep at night until I could change it out. I guess that qualifies as having FDS...

I don't think a silicon ADBV would be very effective at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back