Do You Have Fram Derangement Syndrome (FDS)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might have Fram Derangement Syndrome if...

- you won't use anything on your engine labelled "Fram" regardless of the actual features of said product

- you use the term "cardboard" instead of engineered fiber when referring to Fram endcaps

- you think wavy pleats are OK in anything but a Fram

- you use the acronym "OCOD"

- you urinate on, shoot at or drive over Fram filters

Feel free to add any other FDS symptoms you may have noticed.

I'll be honest, I actually bought 3 Extra Guards for my trail rigs in the PH43 flavor. They were a buck each on closeout though.

I've never used anything fram before but I recently purchased 3 Ultras because they were $5. The ultra is the only fram filter of any kind that is worth using...
27.gif

....are you a shill for the Rank Group?
lol.gif

I do use the acronym O.C.O.D. Call it an affectionate nickname if it makes you feel better.

I would actually have no problem using an O.C.O.D. on my Mazda if they were priced less than a Purolator Classic or Motorcraft. IMHO, I'm getting a significantly better product for pennies difference when I use an FL820S.

The only fram I have ever used is an extended guard. It was the only quality product they made. Looking forward to using an ultra!

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen

I have "CDOO". It's like OCOD, but the letters are in the correct order, as they should be.

I don't use FRAM, because only ACDELCO has the correct blue paint color oil filter for gm cars.
-------------
1999 Olds GLS
1997 Toronado

- you won't use anything on your engine labelled "Fram" regardless of the actual features of said product

- you use the term "cardboard" instead of engineered fiber when referring to Fram endcaps

- you think wavy pleats are OK in anything but a Fram

- you urinate on, shoot at or drive over Fram filters

Feel free to add any other FDS symptoms you may have noticed.

Well, I have noticed some people defend Fram to the bitter end and will buy Fram even if it has half the pleats and is twice the price of another filter. Do you know of anybody who does that? I have also noticed that a lot of Fram fans have a pretty thin skin. (BTW, I've got a Fram-built MicroGard on my Jeep right now...)

Rather than FDS, I have ECAS - E-Core Avoidance Syndrome. I'm hoping I don't degenerate into full-blown plasticageaphobia.

Sure, I use Frams all the time-Ultras & air filters, even their fuel & cartridge filters are OK. I would have to "Rank" the E-cores as much more dangerous than a base Fram, though. On with the race to the BOTTOM!

So, since I won't use the OCOD I am deranged. Glad we got that cleared up. Is there anything that can be done for me? Maybe a pill? Or do you just take away all my guns and my cars because someone so deranged as to not like cardboard end caps, etc. is obviously going to shoot up a school or drive into crowds?

What next, anyone who won't use dyno oil is also deranged? How about that I won't use anything with Aspartame in it?

Or does the fact I have never urinated on, shot at or driven over a Fram product offer some hope for my sanity?

Another deranged soul here....And it's all BITOG's fault! I was happy in my previous state of ignorance. Knowledge is a cross to bear!

Originally Posted By: carwreck

I have "CDOO". It's like OCOD, but the letters are in the correct order, as they should be.

I don't use FRAM, because only ACDELCO has the correct blue paint color oil filter for gm cars.
-------------
1999 Olds GLS
1997 Toronado

STP filters are the same blue.

i have no hesitation to use fram personally. i enjoy the ignorant wailings of people who do not understand that in a production environment, accidents happen and always will with all products.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
i have no hesitation to use fram personally. i enjoy the ignorant wailings of people who do not understand that in a production environment, accidents happen and always will with all products.
As I said, Fram knows how to make a good filter, so do other companies, and THOSE outfits provide a a filter as good or better for LESS.

Frams don't bother me in the slightest, but Motorcrafts are by far my favorites.

I'm with the others who posted, it's the e-cores that give me a derangement syndrome, ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT USE THEM!

How many of the symptoms fo you need to suffer from to be considered a sufferer?
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back