Do you drain your air compressor tank?

I think 95% of this is governed by where you live, and the relative humidity there. I live in the desert Southwest, and NEVER drain my compressor tank, EVER. But the relative humidity is well under 20% most of the time, and can be as low as single digits. So there is no need. The air going into it is bone dry.

I noticed the OP is from Houston, one of the most humid cities in the nation. I don't think you can drain it enough under those conditions. And if possible, look into some type of dryer.

I think 95% of this is governed by where you live, and the relative humidity there. I live in the desert Southwest, and NEVER drain my compressor tank, EVER. But the relative humidity is well under 20% most of the time, and can be as low as single digits. So there is no need. The air going into it is bone dry.

I noticed the OP is from Houston, one of the most humid cities in the nation. I don't think you can drain it enough under those conditions. And if possible, look into some type of dryer.
I can get like 5 or 6 ounces out of mine after just a couple run cycles. I hooked an out hose to my and empty it into the sink so I don't have a rusty mess all over the floor.

I'm surprised they don't coat the inside of the tanks with some kind of anti corrosion spray.

There is always some moisture in the air and it is separated out when the air is compressed. If I was painting and used a water/moisture separator, why not drain the water out every day or after every big paint job. Just my thoughts. Ed

Back