Do I have a blown strut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this clunk sound coming from the passenger front area, but it only really does it when I go over really bad pavement or I can't avoid a pothole. I honestly can't think of what else it could be since I just recently (less than 3 months) replaced the sway bar links and ball joints in the front suspension on both sides.

Sounds like the top strut mount is bad or the main nut is loose. Make sure it's not just the nut before you start taking things apart.

I almost replaced the struts on my Focus for a clunk that I couldn't pin down. Replaced the bearings and it didn't help. Turns out it was a brake pad rattling around. It sounded like the front end was falling out of the car.

Originally Posted By: A_A_G
I have this clunk sound coming from the passenger front area, but it only really does it when I go over really bad pavement or I can't avoid a pothole. I honestly can't think of what else it could be since I just recently (less than 3 months) replaced the sway bar links and ball joints in the front suspension on both sides.

Replaced struts every 80k miles. Lots of weird noses disappear for about 20k miles then slowly become unbearable until I replace again at 80k. Most are knocking type noises. Could just be loose things, but I'd give it a check for sure...steering is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back