Do any of you listen to XM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care for 90% of music that's being broadcast. I surely wouldn't pay for radio. For me it's homemade CDs.

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
Computer doesn't carry nearly all of the stations.

I'm on Sirius...but same thing. Only the music channels are online. Talk is not available. And I'm addicted to the darned NFL channel...

Sirius!

Rumor has it you XM guys can call XM, tell them you are switching to Sirius and they(XM) will cut your monthly rate(less than half price) AND send you a new reciever!

I tell everyone I know who has XM this, but nobody tries it...youve really got nothing to lose.

I wish I could.
frown.gif
It would be the Nascar, Classic Rock, some news, comedy, old radio shows stations for me.
grin.gif

One of the local Talk shows here in Pittsburgh is now on Channel 165 6AM-9AM EST. Truckers have been calling in from all over the U.S. thrilled with the content of the show. Shameless plug as you can tell.

I did not like xm.
Bought sirius and have 4 on the family package.
I mostly wanted Sirius for the heavy metal channel [hardattak] as they showcase more of the extreme side of metal.
The classic hardrock [buzzsaw] is pretty good too.

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
I surely wouldn't pay for radio.

You might think that until you had it. We do a number of car trips down to my daughter in WV To be able to continuously listen to one starion or stations that you chose is a great thing. Oh did I mention I only pay $8.50 per month.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Al:

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
I surely wouldn't pay for radio.

You might think that until you had it. We do a number of car trips down to my daughter in WV To be able to continuously listen to one starion or stations that you chose is a great thing. Oh did I mention I only pay $8.50 per month.
wink.gif

I didn't think I wanted sat radio in my car either, then I got a new car with XM in it and activated for 90 days. After a 2600 mile cross country drive, mostly through the boondocks, I'm sold on sat radio. I will probably switch to Sirius, my wife has it in the house, so a 2nd radio on it will be lot cheaper than XM for one radio. The Sirius music channels don't have as much yacking on them either.

Sorta related, I wish car radios would add NOAA weather radio. It wouldn't increase the production cost of the radios $5

The Delphi/Delco CD headunit I got off Ebay for $25 (with the Sirius tuner and cable) has weather radio. (It was originally installed in a Freightliner--it's a standard DIN sized unit so I put it in my car).

Some Mercedes Benz cars have it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back