DMV Kiosk registration renewal

Those kiosks have been around at DMV locations, at AAA offices, and at Safeway markets for a few years. I finally used one. I scanned the renewal notice, paid, and the machine spit out the registration with the registration sticker attached. Have you used those kiosks?

Those kiosks have been around at DMV locations, at AAA offices, and at Safeway markets for a few years. I finally used one. I scanned the renewal notice, paid, and the machine spit out the registration with the registration sticker attached. Have you used those kiosks?
I have never seen one; in fact this is the 1st time I have even heard of this.
I just do online click-click-click.

I have never seen one; in fact this is the 1st time I have even heard of this.
I just do online click-click-click.
I believe they started putting up those kiosks 3 or 4 years ago. No wait at all is nice and you walk away with your registration. They do charge a $4 convenience fee.

I've used one once. It never caught on in my state because of poor publicity of their existence. But we have 5 of them in Ohio.

Would be nice to have one here, our AAA office shut down the first of this month. :(

I used the one at the DMV. I went in to renew and the line was 30 people long so I bit the bullet and payed the fee to use the kiosk.

Cool concept, not sure what the point is being anyone can go online and do it there without having to track down a kiosk.

Cool concept, not sure what the point is being anyone can go online and do it there without having to track down a kiosk.
I wouldn't go out of my way and track down a kiosk but renew online. There are at least 3 kiosks nearby, so for me they make sense.

The kiosks are only good if they are convenient or you are in a rush. I was going on vacation with my RV and the registration would have expired before I got home. I did not want to take a chance that the mail would be late so it was stand in line or use a kiosk.

I only use them to renew registration. Too bad they also charge a small "convenience fee" to use them also.

Used it to get some document to crush my car, yeah it is much better than waiting 45 mins in line in DMV. This is the future, live person is not a service now, it is a liability.

In theory if managed right this is the case, however many services due to security reason want some in person or on a kiosk transaction to scan your ID or video record you being there.

Back