DIY combination wrenches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if everyone who only buys USA tools only drives USA cars?

I've been a Craftsman guy since my grandpa bought me a set 40+ years ago and I'm disappointed too. Found out a few years ago that cars not made in USA are actually OK, might find that about tools too. Luckily I don't really need any.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Wondering if everyone who only buys USA tools only drives USA cars?

I've been a Craftsman guy since my grandpa bought me a set 40+ years ago and I'm disappointed too. Found out a few years ago that cars not made in USA are actually OK, might find that about tools too. Luckily I don't really need any.

I'm not against import tools, I'm just not a fan of Craftsman's import tools. Sears has really cheapened the Craftsman name and I can't see myself ever purchasing a China made Craftsman product unless there is a substantial jump in their quality. I'm pretty sure that's unlikely to happen. Fortunately I Have amassed several lifetimes worth of quality tools for myself and my sons, so I'm thinking that I'm set for as long as I care to work with tools.

-Valentine

If you have a Menards near Cleve you might want to check out the Masterforce wrench sets. Made in USA and $30 a set.

http://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardwa...699934815890479

http://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardwa...454469179154179

I'm in Ohio myself and I work down the street from Wright Tool so they are always my first choice.

DSC00017.JPG

Check out Tekton full polish wrenches on Amazon. You will be hard pressed to find a better wrench at that price. I have seen gearwrench non ratching wrench sets near that price on amazon as well.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Yesterday I returned a couple rusty craftsman wrenches I bought from garage sales, they were exchanged for made in USA wrenches, some of the bigger sets are China stuff

Even so I'll gladly buy a rusty wrench at a garage sale for a 25c piece and exchange it for a new wrench, Chinese or not
Sears will exchange wrenchs for rust?? I thought they had to broken. Last time I exchanged a broken 1/2 rachet they gave me a used one. I was upset to say the least. It ended my Craftsman loyalty and now I use Harbor Freight with very good luck. Although I have enough tools for two lifetimes already. I argued with Sears to no result, repair or replace is their policy, but you didn't repair nine, you replaced it with someone else's repair. Regardless repair or replace and I replaced Sears.
That being said you are not a professional mechanic
spending 3000 for snap on is completely unnecessary

I would buy harbor freight in a heartbeat for occasional homeowner/diy use
. Sears will replace wrenchs due to rust??? Last time I turned in a broken 1/2 rachet they replaced it with a repaired used one. I was upset to say the least. It wasn't a nice used one. Their policy states repair or replace. That ended my Craftsman loyalty and now I buy Harbor Freight with good luck. Repair or replace, I replaced Sears.

Last edited:
^^^Agreed^^^

Toptul makes awsome tools at affordable prices. You listening Sears?
Probably not, but you should be.

-Valentine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back