Disabling LSD and use non-LSD oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
If it's not chattering, you're probably fine. So, in a tight turn, at low speeds, does it shudder or chatter?

I do hear a weird sound at tight turns specially if there is a bump or change in ground level making the car rocking left and right (if I get the description right).

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

I personally think that the Ford XL-3 additive is better than (albeit MUCH stinkier than) the GM additive.

Guess I'm lucky then. I'll use it up ASAP.

Any DIY idea in how to use it? It does not have a filling nose.

Okay, I did it. I got myself a syringe from a pharmacy (lol), removed the needle, and used it to fill the differential. The diff capacity is 1.1l and the additive is 114ml. I hope this is enough for it. I'll test it for a couple more days and see if the weird sound is gone. IF it is gone, then it is the clutches then. It sounds like a rusty hinge swinging. The sounds has been there for a long time now. I hope nothing is damaged.

Okay, things seem good after putting a couple hundred kilometers on the diff. after the additive installation. The sound seems to be from the exhaust/tail pipe. I didn't check if there is LSD and I did it anyway since I had it in the trunk. It is designed to prevent humming noise too at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back