Dirty injector shock treatment clean??

Status
Not open for further replies.
what would do better cleaning IYO??

a couple bottles of B-12 to a full tank(14.5 gals) or a couple bottles or Techron/Gumout Regane??

Two bottles for a real shock to loosen and then clean. First bottle when the tank is about a third to a quarter full and run it down to the fumes. Add the second bottle when you fill and run it to the fumes again. Then change the oil.
If it works, you could use any cleaner regularly for a maintenance dose. FP+ has worked well as a system maintenance item for me.
I'd probably go the Techron or B/12 route for the "shock".

ChiTDI is right on the money. Techron is the best fuel system cleaner / injector cleaner out there. Period.

-A

Originally Posted By: hate2work

BG44K is the best injector cleaner I've ever used. It costs a bit more than the others mentioned, but it's worth it IMO.

Thanks all..

hate2work where you get this stuff?? like to stick with the ease of OTC.

Originally Posted By: daman
got ya....is it really worth 20.xx a can?? wow better be strong stuff.

It used to be up until a few years ago when they changed the formula and took all the P.E.A. out of it- now it is just overpriced and almost useless, living off its old reputation. Check the MSDS for proof!!!! Redline SI-1 and a few others still include a hefty dose of P.E.A. as detergents to clean injectors and valves.

Originally Posted By: qship1996
Originally Posted By: daman
got ya....is it really worth 20.xx a can?? wow better be strong stuff.

It used to be up until a few years ago when they changed the formula and took all the P.E.A. out of it- now it is just overpriced and almost useless, living off its old reputation. Check the MSDS for proof!!!! Redline SI-1 and a few others still include a hefty dose of P.E.A. as detergents to clean injectors and valves.

really?? thanks..

shock treatment??? What is to say it is necessary?

B12, especially in that high a dosing, likely will have a greater effect on oil. Techron doesnt seem to show wear issues (soft metals) in UOA.

Ive heard good things of doing a shock with Redline SI-1.

Regardless, do an oil change after your treatment of choice.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
shock treatment??? What is to say it is necessary?

B12, especially in that high a dosing, likely will have a greater effect on oil. Techron doesnt seem to show wear issues (soft metals) in UOA.

Ive heard good things of doing a shock with Redline SI-1.

Regardless, do an oil change after your treatment of choice.

well i just picked up the car it has high mileage and probably never been done so why not i guess,so your vote is for SI-1?

Yeah, SI-1 or Amsoil PI, which does well. Techron doesnt seems to show up as soft metal bearing wear, so Id do the shock, change the oil soon after, then maybe keep up a maintenance dose of techron after that for a while...

SI-1 is awesome stuff. BG44K is good too. Never used Amsoil PI on a dirty engine personally but I am sure it is pretty good too.

If you want the best bang for the buck Regane Total Fuel System Cleaner is the product with the highest percentage of PEA detergent in it for the dollar. PEA is the most effective gas detergent and is best at attacking and removing deposits on all fuel system parts like injectors, intake valves, ect.

Originally Posted By: Vizzy
If you want the best bang for the buck Regane Total Fuel System Cleaner is the product with the highest percentage of PEA detergent in it for the dollar.

Redline has a higher percentage in a bottle but their price is OUTRAGEOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back