Dino Replacement for Delvac 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys I need some advise as many do here. I have read many post here and there certainly seem to be some well read individuals here and I feel that good info comes from this site. That being said here goes.
I use currently M1 10-30 in my wife's Camry and my Ford Ranger. Have been very well satisfied. I have used Delvac-1 in my 40 horse Kubota tractor for about 3 years.
I feel like I will change to either Delo 400, Delvac 1300 or Rotella T due to the high cost of Delvac-1 and the fact that I have to buy 4 gallons at a time.
The question is, which of the aforementioned dino oils appear to be superior. I know many of you have seen bunches of UAO's and have a good idea which comes out on top.
Then again I may stick with Delvac-1. I only put about 100 hours a year on the tractor, so that is one oil change per year.
Thanks very much in advance.
Greg Harrison

[ June 06, 2003, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

My vote is for the Delo 400, but I would also add Pennzoil Longlife to the list of candidates if it is available locally.

Jimbo,
Pennzoil is availabel in my area, why the 2 choices you made. Just curious.
Greg H

Delvac 1300 tends to produce better UOA numbers in my experince then Delo 400. Both Delo 400 and Delvac 1300 seem to do better then non-synthetic Rotella. If you are not exceeding the change interval that the manufacture has set that match's your driveing style it should not matter much. You might want to stock up on the Rotella T Synthetic . Walmart has had it for $12.00 a gallon. The Rotella T Synthethic is group III base stock so it is not in the same class as Delvac 1!! P.S. I have never tried schaffers products but they are held in high requard on this site! You might consider their oil's as well!!

For what it's worth I switched my JD diesel over to Pennzoil Longlife. Longlife isn't mentioned much as a diesel oil but the UOA's have been excellent and it has 125 ppm of Moly!!!

I wonder if the boron that has been added is not as if not more important than the moly.
just wonderin'
Greg Harrison

Thanks for the info guys, the more I think about this I am going to get a UOA on the Delvac 1. It has 100 hours on it and is over 1 year old in a 43 horse Kubota tractor,total engine hours is 345. Will be interesting.
Greg H

Hi,I'm on the road running D-1 in a '99 Ford E-150 van,4.2L six.By August, with 5-6K miles,I'll try to get UOA on it.These numbers to compare with UOA
grin.gif
on Castrol Syntec 5w-50 in very similar conditions.
Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back