Dino every 5k or syn every 7.5k? (consumer math!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BISCUT
Originally Posted By: turnbowm
I was doing 5Kmi OCIs with conventional oil, but decided to do extended (7.%Kmi) changes with synthetic. The less time I spend under a car the better.

What is not factored into the OP's equation is the value of time. 5k ='s more time spent changing oil over 7.5k. Time is valuable; once it's gone you cant get it back.

Excellent point.

Exactly why I spent today working on my vehicle collection (including an oil change)...One of my very favorite ways to spend these fleeting moments of time.

grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
Originally Posted By: BISCUT
Originally Posted By: turnbowm
I was doing 5Kmi OCIs with conventional oil, but decided to do extended (7.%Kmi) changes with synthetic. The less time I spend under a car the better.

What is not factored into the OP's equation is the value of time. 5k ='s more time spent changing oil over 7.5k. Time is valuable; once it's gone you cant get it back.

Excellent point.

Exactly why I spent today working on my vehicle collection (including an oil change)...One of my very favorite ways to spend these fleeting moments of time.

grin.gif

Being retired I'm not going to worry about the 15 minutes a year extra that I spend under my car. Have someone else do it don't waste any of that valuable time under that car. Everything comes with a price. But personally I've never know anyone that's that busy!

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

Being retired I'm not going to worry about the 15 minutes a year extra that I spend under my car. Have someone else do it don't waste any of that valuable time under that car. Everything comes with a price. But personally I've never know anyone that's that busy!

Those are 15 minutes you could be fighting communism !

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

Those are 15 minutes you could be fighting communism !

I'm sorry anyone that needs 15 minutes that badly needs more throttle! LOL and that's coming from someone that's 73.

Last edited:
I change my oil when it’s been long enough and I’m bored. Seems to be 3k to 7.5k depending on time of year. Always syn because my engine is not a peasant and deserves “quality” oil. Aka just because I can.

Originally Posted By: CR94
Originally Posted By: TmanP
... (I wrote .37 cents, not $0.37, which is 37 cents.) ...
That's correct, although 0.37 cents might've been slightly more clear---which might or might not have helped the people who are apparently arithmetically ckhallenged.

I find the people who must argue such trivial matters as this to be no different from those who comment on misspellings (aka, "selling nazis"). In both cases, the intention of the writer is still obvious and his meaning understood.

LOL well if you went into Walmart and they charged you $997.00 for a $9.97 item would your be Nazi enough to say something about it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back