Differential oil for G70 with LSD

Hello all. I have a question about correct differential oil for my 2021 Genesis G70 Prestige with a rear differential which is LSD. Per the maintenance schedule, at 36k miles or so I changed the factory rear differential oil. I tried from 3 places to get the OEM fluid but each said they don't have it. I ended up putting Valvoline 75W90 with LSD modifiers in the diff. I immediately noticed chattering when cornering and the oil was cold. Drove the car for about 200 miles or so and couldn't take the chattering anymore and ended up adding CRC Trans-X LSD oil additive to rear diff. After I added this the chattering went away immediately. Is the Valvoline just not that good? Any other differential fluids with LSD modifiers you would recommend so I don't have to add additional LSD modifiers? Thanks

Different clutch materials take different % of fluid friction modifiers. 2017 JEEP JK had factory limited slip. I used Valvoline 75W90 synthetic w/FM's in it. Quiet as a church mouse from mile one. I've had a 2016 and 2019 Dodge Challengers, both limited rear slip, that required 75W85 full syn gear oil. I used Redline 75W85 w/FM's in it. Both were quiet too. So my guess is your Genesis has more pressure on the clutches or the friction material was more aggressive and needed more FM. Either way you fixed it.

My first 528e had noisy clutches in the diff. Mobil 1 75/90 cured it. Reading the fine print on the bottle will tell you if it has FMs in it.

It is not unusual to need to add extra additive to the fluid, even if it's one made for LSD's. My SUV requires that. You'll learn how much works and the schedule.

Back