Different formulas from WPP???

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbm

I was looking over the numbers on some of these oils and it occurred to me that some of the WPP (Warren Performance Products?) oils have one formula and some have a different formula. The Peak, Mag 1, AZ, Winner's Circle and Proline have the high sodium formula while the Supertech and Accel have the higher calcium/boron formula.

I had thought that all WPP oils had the same signature but apparently not.

The high sodium versions look more like Valvoline products....

http://pqiablog.com/2015-motor-oil-samples-tested/

Compare Accel 5w30 to SuperTech 5w30. They're identical oils. This would leave me to believe Supertech conventional (made by WPP) is rebottled Accel oil which is also made by WPP

I posted a email a few years back from WPP that Accel was basically their entry level oil and Mag 1 was a premium brand (my words). Seems to make sense that SuperTech and Accel are the same considering SuperTech price point.

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
I posted a email a few years back from WPP that Accel was basically their entry level oil and Mag 1 was a premium brand (my words). Seems to make sense that SuperTech and Accel are the same considering SuperTech price point.

I agree.

I actually prefer the ST/Accel version to the Peak/Mag1 etc (high sodium) version.....

I've looked at PQIA for SuperTech Full Synthetic and I can't see where it's much different than others... When they say "synthetic" what are they referring to? G III+, G V, PAO's - does anyone know?

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
...When they say "synthetic" what are they referring to? G III+, G V, PAO's - does anyone know?

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back