Differences between the two 0W20

Is there differences between the two Toyota 0W20’s? The one on the bottom is stocked at the dealer. Thanks.
IMG_0133.jpg

Do you have a Toyota dealer near you?
Much less than Amazon.

View attachment 226864
I do but it’s 10.00 and some change per qrt. I need 8 qrts. I’m better off running Amsoil SS 0W20 at that price with preferred pricing. I prepaid for the maintenance up 85K. Toyota does 10K intervals and I don’t want to wait that long. I was going to do 5K intervals. One by me and the other at Toyota for the prepaid. I could check another Toyota dealer by me and see how much it is there.

This.....if you really insist on using Toyota 0W20. Use the toyota parts site and try different dealers. The discount level varies....some are as high as 30%. Free shipping if your order is over a certain amount or you can do in-store pickup.
I’ll check it out thanks.

And VII...
Yep. And that spectrographic analysis that shows “lots of molybdenum”, what’s the compound? Some compounds require a higher concentration to achieve the same benefit as others. Just looking at a bare element from a decomposed compound is useless.

Mobil 1 ESP has documented performance and is available at Walmart for $5.60 a quart. It’s also API SP and more importantly carries VW 508 00 approval. No one, ever will show how the Toyota branded oil is better. Nor the Amsoil for that matter.

This.....if you really insist on using Toyota 0W20. Use the toyota parts site and try different dealers. The discount level varies....some are as high as 30%. Free shipping if your order is over a certain amount or you can do in-store pickup.
Toyota parts is where it's at. If you go into the dealer they'll often charge you a million dollars but if you order online and pickup in store you'll get a solid deal. I often go in and just ask when I'm getting work done if I can get close to the online deal or if I need to order online and come back in an hour to pick it up. There's usually a smirk and a wink and I get the deal. But ordering online is easier and probably makes them hate you less 🤣

I see you have a 24 tundra and are probably scared that they'll ask for proof of maintenance though right now they recognize bearing failures and basically never ask for proof they'll just check the level and look inside unless it's low enough mileage to where it can't possibly be sludged. If you want something to keep records of that is better quality, easier to get, and lower priced just go to walmart and buy any 0w-20 mobil 1 oil and a toyota filter as the only things on the receipt and keep it. No dealer could possibly justify saying the apple of motor oil brands as being bad and deny you coverage. If you're going to go through the trouble of sourcing over priced liquid plastic I'd rather just go to the dealer and pay them to service it at that point.

I see you have a 24 tundra and are probably scared that they'll ask for proof of maintenance though right now they recognize bearing failures and basically never ask for proof they'll just check the level and look inside unless it's low enough mileage to where it can't possibly be sludged. If you want something to keep records of that is better quality and lower priced just go to walmart and buy any 0w-20 mobil 1 oil and a toyota filter as the only things on the receipt and keep it. No dealer could possibly justify saying the apple of motor oil brands as being bad and deny you coverage. If you're going to go through the trouble of sourcing over priced liquid plastic I'd rather just go to the dealer and pay them to service it at that point.
Given all the public awareness going on with the known engine failures, I doubt toyota is going to give much trouble to replacing a failed engine on a 2024 Tundra that is under warranty.

Given all the public awareness going on with the known engine failures, I doubt toyota is going to give much trouble to replacing a failed engine on a 2024 Tundra that is under warranty.
Literally. They know it's an issue and can't justify haggling people for records. Besides if the tundra is like my 4 year old escalade every time you reset the olm it sends that to the manufacture and tracks your oil life history and also if the low oil level warning was ever triggered and for how long it persisted before going away even if you never paid for the connected package it includes that for free in the monthly diagnostic you get in your email like I do. Toyota very very likely knows your oil change intervals and when and for how long the low oil level was on if applicable before you bring it in to the dealer. Any vehicle that's connected to data is tracking everything you do. You could start a complaint and they'd open a ticket about an issue and tell you later what they'll do and and will see what happened a minute prior to when the problem happened and what the engine and trans data was and see you were redlining it and deny you coverage because of that even without having you bring it in.

Yep. And that spectrographic analysis that shows “lots of molybdenum”, what’s the compound? Some compounds require a higher concentration to achieve the same benefit as others. Just looking at a bare element from a decomposed compound is useless.

Mobil 1 ESP has documented performance and is available at Walmart for $5.60 a quart. It’s also API SP and more importantly carries VW 508 00 approval. No one, ever will show how the Toyota branded oil is better. Nor the Amsoil for that matter.
Ive thought about M1 ESP also. Assuming it would be good for 5K and for the turbos.

I see you have a 24 tundra and are probably scared that they'll ask for proof of maintenance though right now they recognize bearing failures and basically never ask for proof they'll just check the level and look inside unless it's low enough mileage to where it can't possibly be sludged. If you want something to keep records of that is better quality, easier to get, and lower priced just go to walmart and buy any 0w-20 mobil 1 oil and a toyota filter as the only things on the receipt and keep it. No dealer could possibly justify saying the apple of motor oil brands as being bad and deny you coverage. If you're going to go through the trouble of sourcing over priced liquid plastic I'd rather just go to the dealer and pay them to service it at that point.
Can you get milk and a dvd also while you are there and have all the items on 1 receipt?

Toyota oil is better.

Back