Diff oil 2015 Audi s3

Although this is true in some cases, I think your reply would be better stated as "In SOME situations GL5 is backward compatible......"

Not throwing stones,

Scott
Now we are splitting hairs. You got your two cents in anyway.

I just noticed you said the Fuchs bottle has the OEM part number on it. You're good to go with Fuchs.

As far as changing the fluid, drive the car and get some heat in the rear diff. It will mix the contaminants and thin the oil for a better drain. The usual process is to fill to the top of the fill hole, but check that this is correct. The car must be level for an accurate fill.

Scott
On the S3 the diff only kicks in when front wheel spin is detected as it's a haldex set up ,so not sure about getting some heat in the rear diff.... unless I'm missing something?

OP, one other thing. Remove the fill plug first to make sure it can be removed. If you drain first only to find the fill plug frozen, you're screwed.

Scott
Thanks removed that couple days ago,best find some copper washers to replace too.

On the S3 the diff only kicks in when front wheel spin is detected as it's a haldex set up ,so not sure about getting some heat in the rear diff.... unless I'm missing something?

That's not really true, the newer system does send more power to the back depending on drive mode and what the vehicle is doing. It's not a completely reactionary system like the early Haldex versions were. The vehicle is never 100% fwd either.

That's not really true, the newer system does send more power to the back depending on drive mode and what the vehicle is doing. It's not a completely reactionary system like the early Haldex versions were. The vehicle is never 100% fwd either.
No problem, thanks for that, I'll give it some hard driving and then drain straight away.

Spoke to tps they said the OEM part number is G052145S2 now........ fuchs OEM number is G052145A2
I think dealer could of changed the part number at some point......back to the drawing board.

IMG_20230225_111953.jpg

Dealer said 0.9
I put full 1 litre in, didn't over flow, but I got a zip tie and put in the fill hole and it came back out with fluid which means it's good

Back