Diff oil 2015 Audi s3

I wanted to check level on mine,as I've heard people accidentally drain diff in stead of the haldex......I opened the fill plug, nothing came out, couldn't see any oil, so topped up with 300ml of this oil (see pic) and 300ml came running back out,so waited until it stopped dripping to every 4 seconds and fit the plug back, cars on 38k so no need change it yet.
Or do I need drain it?
Mine takes
G052 145 S2
Which fuchs do which has the OEM part number

IMG_20230222_152807.jpg
IMG_20230223_122223.jpg

The oil you used will be fine to top it off, it's only about 10 ounces. I wouldn't change the gear oil at 38k. Most never change it and never had a problem.
I would keep an eye on it just to make sure there are no leaks.

The oil you used will be fine to top it off, it's only about 10 ounces. I wouldn't change the gear oil at 38k. Most never change it and never had a problem.
I would keep an eye on it just to make sure there are no leaks.
Thank you so much!!
Mate,I haven't stopped thinking last couple of days,I'm very very nervous with cars, always try use genuine if possible and torque everything to spec, I was worried it's not right, even though it was 300ml and said GL5 and GL5.
Really appreciate your help.

Just a question how come it's GL4 and GL5 ... thought it be one or the other..... noticed a few oils now are GL4 and GL5.

Just a question how come it's GL4 and GL5 ... thought it be one or the other..... noticed a few oils now are GL4 and GL5.
The Fuchs Titan in the black bottle is GL5 only. Says right on the table if you enlarge the pics in the Ebay link.

What is this blue bottle you are showing? That's not Fuchs.

Scott

The Fuchs Titan in the black bottle is GL5 only. Says right on the table if you enlarge the pics in the Ebay link.

What is this blue bottle you are showing? That's not Fuchs.

Scott
The blue one is a 20 litre container at work,only labels showing are ones I posted....yes I know that the Fuchs is GL5 only, just curious how come alot of one I've seen at local car parts stores are GL4/GL4+/GL5...that labels all the specs,from one bottle.

The blue one is a 20 litre container at work,only labels showing are ones I posted....yes I know that the Fuchs is GL5 only, just curious how come alot of one I've seen at local car parts stores are GL4/GL4+/GL5...that labels all the specs,from one bottle.
FWIW, I've used Fuchs Titan GL5 oil for both our BMWs from new. I always change diff oil at 5K miles, and then do it every 30K after that. You'd be surprised how much of a metal sheen you see in that first oil change.

At any rate, I would not use that GL4/GL5 blue bottle stuff in your S3.

Scott

FWIW, I've used Fuchs Titan GL5 oil for both our BMWs from new. I always change diff oil at 5K miles, and then do it every 30K after that. You'd be surprised how much of a metal sheen you see in that first oil change.

At any rate, I would not use that GL4/GL5 blue bottle stuff in your S3.

Scott
I've only used it as a top up 300ml, should I drain it,I thought it was ok with it stating GL4 and GL5?

Use a known quality oil, such as Fuchs, Mobil 1, Motul, OEM, whatever. That blue bottle stuff looks like generic swill to me. And you're only talking two quarts/liters. Buying Fuchs won't break your bank account.

Scott
True mate....cars just turned 38k so I will order and do it,it's only £14.
So the above fuchs is good quality then?
It's got the OEM part number on the back too, which is good, and fully synthetic....drain and refill, until it stops running out the fill point,or do I need run the car after and then check level?

It's got the OEM part number on the back too, which is good, and fully synthetic....drain and refill, until it stops running out the fill point,or do I need run the car after and then check level?
I'd use the Fuchs so long at the diff is a hypoid design. This is the rear diff, right, not the front transaxle? Is it a mechanical limited slip diff?

Although I've had excellent success with the Fuchs lube, you could always use Audi OEM fluid to ensure compatibility. Price is pretty much the same as Fuchs.

Scott

No idea what design 😆. ....it's got part number on the back,which is also the part number of the original stuff

I just noticed you said the Fuchs bottle has the OEM part number on it. You're good to go with Fuchs.

As far as changing the fluid, drive the car and get some heat in the rear diff. It will mix the contaminants and thin the oil for a better drain. The usual process is to fill to the top of the fill hole, but check that this is correct. The car must be level for an accurate fill.

Scott

Back