Diesel as a UCL in petrol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike gasoline, propane doesn't have any additives for this purpose, you can inject into parts of the fuel line directly but the usual method is to infuse a drip feed into the inlet tracts.
I was initially going to just put something to protect the valves in with the gasoline for temporary/high load usage, hoping it mite have an accumlative protective effect on the valves perhaps?

How are you going to add diesel or whatever to propane?
there is a way.... :D
i have fill port upwards, so i can press in the ball to free tubing to tank.
tank has own valve, so content will not come out. so i am just releasing gas from connecting pipe.
this way i can pour in about 35ml. that should be enough for 30l tank.

my recipe is mostly white spirit (non aromatic, do not damage rubber), with 5% like pea fuel additive, or sometimes ipa alcohol.
it should work as mild solvent (wax, dirt) and lube lpg injectors a bit too.
tank-adapter-dish-with-sinter-filter-lpg-tank-gas-bottle.jpg

what else do you think is inside these ??

Hey that's pretty ingenious that Pete, well done there, I hadn't thought of anything like that at all.
So how d you manage to pour it into your tank with a syrringe or something, mines a horizontal filler, d you think one of those probe pipes attached to an aerosol would squirt in there?
I've heard of CIC or IC2 injector cleaner or something before but don't know how it s supposed to be admimistered?
I assume you're saying your mix is an approximation of that injector cleaner?
Have you thought about adding some white paraffin type lamp oil as mentioned earlier for lubricit y too?
Btw what car have you got have you got any similar valve concerns to me long-term?

The additives in TCW3 2 stroke oil are ashless so that it burns without leaving deposits. That's the reason it was chosen as the best type for dosing fuel. The original intent of the additive spec is to minimise contamination of water by outboards.

I've been dosing fuel with TCW3 in a motorcycle for 10 years or more and it does clean the combustion chambers.

^^^^ good point. let´s hope its not too viscous.
https://sichdatonline.chemical-check.de/Dokumente/566/10107_0014_21-01-2021_EN.pdf
the i think tcw3 could replace part, or all of the mineral spirit in my recipe.
(i was looking adding some harmless oil, because mineral spirits is too runny-->lubing the lpg injectors a bit more)

i can confirm that adding mineral spirits does improve the idle (other things as well), because injectors must open-close for very short time.
this can be hard on them if they a bit gunky/sticky. if they cant open-close fast, ecu will compensate somewhat, then exhaust rumbles and 3cyl shakes more.
mines a horizontal filler,
that sucks.
some people make own "extension" adapters, one end goes to car, other goes to dispenser.
both parts are connected by rubber hi-pressure hose (dispenser is pushing lpg around 15bar.....).
you connect it to car, then you pour liquid in the hose. then you connect dispenser and start pumping.
capacity will be less, maybe ~10ml.

for it´s dish

ADAPTER-TANKOWANIA-PRZEJSCIOWKA-LPG-POLSKA-M14-Typ-samochodu-Samochody-osobowe-Samochody-dostawcze-Samochody-ciezarowe

Last edited:
I like your work and your thinking pete, I've just had a look at mine, I use a screw in bayonet adapter too and my filler has a ball bearing valve that looks like if you press in vents a couple of times then would allow me to pour in through the bayonet befre refuelling. And I agree it should give a sufficient enough dose. (I hope I haven't done any damage I assume there s a cut off valve on the entrance to the tank too)
Its difficult deciphering the msds 's isn't it, there's another Lpg injector cleaner that's supposed to work well in the UK called ic12, but I can't find what's in that. I think generally they use some sort of solvent, a light carrier oil, and any additives, I see where your coming from us PEA supposed to be the best cleaning additive I can gather from on here.
So I suppose you want the thinnest oil you can get that maybe hopefully vaporises too to go in there with it, I don't know what that mite be?
(Hence why I asked about diesel in my first post, I noticed that petroleum based baby oil is also a white paraffin type oil lol!!)
I wonder if you removed the first filter going into the vaporizer it mite actually help getting things through or cause damage or not?)
I also read a little bit more about the oily 'heavy ends' that can exist/form in Lpg already.
How viscous is the TCW3 and how soluble are the oils compared to each other any ideas at all?

good read!

https://ibb.co/gTVWgfq
i made chart long ago, u can see boiling points. water (100°c)
that means min.spirit will not boil, rather keep fluid and run through pipes.
I've seen many complaints about lpg problems in winter, often it helps after warmup.... so i think waxes are to blame.
lpg systems have 2 filters, one for wet and for dry phase. but of course dissolved waxes/liquid dirt won´t be stopped by this.

these vaporizers look like old frying pans, i hope that adding a bit solvent each time will prohibit gunk accumulation.

you can try dissolve candle in warm gasoline, then watch what happens when cold..

Thanks and good chart that Pete, by the looks of it IPA alcohol mite be a good solvent as it could travel thro as a gas to the injectors etc perhaps, what are the tech.benz and natural entries sorry i cant quite translate those entries? I ve forgotten what temperature my vaporiser typically operates at now, i can also imagine how well it cleans and how the heavy ends would be much more beneficial in being burnt too in solution instead.
I was quite surprised at how gummed up those vaporisers were, when i got my used vaporiser i gave it a bit of a clean and it looked surprisingly dirty-ish but was surprised how bad they can get inside.
So you say white spirit doesnt harm rubber does it, no?
Question is what could you add to the lpg to try and limit valve wear too?

Some form of really light volatile oil?
Some sort of concentrated additive?
Or something with the additives in it already?

What dyou think anymore ideas?

Last edited:
i have no idea about valve wear. for soft seats there are leadlike additives, but that may kill exhaust systems.
flashlube snakeoil is the same thing. o_O
------------------------------
i used in past much more alcohol and petrol pea additive. once system gave error and locked itself.
so i had go to dealership to "unlock" :D since then i use majority white spirit. it should be electric insulator.
i suspect too much alcohol/pea was electrically disturbing sensor in fuel rail.. service had no idea....

normal white spirit has more aromatics (nasty smell), it may harm. but it should clean more. but....car parts should be made from chemically stronger "rubber".
i see the profi lpg cleaner uses low aromatic spirit: https://echa.europa.eu/registration-dossier/-/registered-dossier/15207
and surfactants, etc. that does help too.

mild smell, not huge diff in viscosity to kerosene :oops:
http://www.severochema.cz/shop/redidlo-s-6006-bezaromatik-700-ml/4265/3043de07.html (http://www.severochema.cz/shop/petrolej-420-ml/4010/87e83c7f.html)

http://www.severochema.cz/shop/white-spirit-lakovy-benzin-700-ml/5013/3043de07.html this smells bad, like toluene.

Cheers for the links and tips Pete, i can confirm i can put something into my lpg filler thro my almost horizontal adapter.

Im just trying to take on board and confirm what youve worked on.

Im just trying to think what mite go thro the full system and help prolong the engine valves and well as clean at the sametime.

Youve said your white spirit mix improves the idle, so it obviously does go all the way through the system. Have you noticed anything else perceptible to how it runs at all as well perhaps?

Im a bit tempted at first just to try one substance at a time and see what effect that has knowing that some will stay at the bottom of the tank anyway.

A dedicated lead replacement additive
Or
Something with additives already in it like super unleaded petrol or diesel
Or a slighty oily solvent or a v light oil that may clean too maybe like paraffin oil or kerosene

Can you give me anymore tips or keep me posted on anymore progress or findings with any suggestions you make cheers?

A slight update just tried injecting an infusion of baby oil (liquid paraffin white oil) and lighter fuel (naptha) into my lpg tank and it idles much smoother lol, well it doesnt seem to have had any bad effects yet anyway!!

Yeah the lighter fluids light naptha, the baby oil generally is lightly perfumed white liquid paraffin, they seem to burn quite cleanly, ill try and check my exhaust to see if theres any difference in the smoke.

Is that the refined kerosene its readily available here too, by the yellow smelly stuff is that the less refined heating oil we can get here very cheap i was thinking of trying is that not of any use then (i believe some people substitute it in diesels)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back